Photo Contest Voting -- Explained

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tyler M.

Tyler M.

Forum Conversion Survivor

• Global Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • Interests:I grew interested in turtles when I was a kid living close to the everglades. I have kept turtles ever since.
    I work with computers, and enjoy the simplicity and purpose my turtles bring in a life that is all too much haste!

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:17 PM

Hi All,

I got asked how the voting works.

Each month, I personally choose the finalists with my kids, and we judge them for quality and content but in the end photo quality is important. I try to find a few quality shots and call them finalists.

Then during the month the judges and the public vote on the finalist.

There are 2 judges right now, and the public which counts as the 3rd judge. Each judge can award 6 points.

1st choice is 3 points.
2nd choice is 2 points.
3rd choice is 1 point.

I just add up the points and the one with the most wins. I guess the key is the public is only get to make a vote, but because so many people double-vote or try to trick the system I can't let the public alone decide on the image.

This month for example,

The public voted 1st #2, 2nd 3 & 7 and 3rd #2
Jude 1 voted 1st #1, 2nd #4 and 3rd #7
Judge 2 voted 1st #8, 2nd #1 and 3rd #5

#1 got 6 points
#2 got 3 points
#7 got 3 points
#8 got 3 points
#3 got 2 points
#4 got 2 points
#5 got 1 point

Thus #1 got 6 points which was the most.

I hope this help explains the process, we have tried a number of things over the years... and this method helps reduce the amount of headaches overall. It ensures only photos that quailify become finalists, but allow all images to be displayed... in the end the contest is about sharing great turtle moments and pictures.

#2 imafungal

imafungal

Turtle-Licious!!

• Members
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:43 AM

Thanks Tyler! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users