• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 EvanD

EvanD

Preferred Member

• Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 05:18 PM

Your Welcome JJ. The fuji finepix 2650 is great.

#22 ginnyba

ginnyba

Normal Member

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:have 2 northern wood turtles 1 redfoot tortoise, and 2 hatchling redfoot tortoise
    1 painted turtle

Posted 06 November 2002 - 08:00 PM

Thanks for starting this Barb I'm also looking for a digital hopefully for chrismas. Thanks to everyone for their input I'll be checking this often!

#23 SpankeysGirl

SpankeysGirl

Normal Member

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:06 PM

I have the Fuji 2650, its cheap, easy to use, and is really quick to use. And if it really matters to you guys, the directions are pretty easy to understand.

#24 BarbReader

BarbReader

Addicted Member

• Members
  • 9,341 posts
  • Interests:I own a male cooter, I think he is a river cooter from the donut shapes on his hinges. I got him on December 25, 1959, when I was four years old and he was a hatchling! I love him totally!

Posted 03 March 2003 - 05:45 PM

Anybody with other cameras who want to comment on them? Nobody's added anything to this topic in two months.

#25 JJ

JJ

Addicted Member

• Members Plus
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 06:00 PM

I got a Fuji Finepix A200... 2X optical zoom, 2 megapixels, macro mode.... anwyay, I find other camera likes the one I have are good for beginners and taking simple pictures. If you plan going herping (outside of NY for you Barb), I would consider something with more zoom and adaption capabilities.

It all depends what you want the camera for. Now, I want to take some more outdoor shots and my zoom is nothing and I can't get an add-ons. As a beginner camera it's great, but I am looking to upgrade - yeah, it's only been 2 months since I got my camera.

Cheers,
JJ [icon_smile_wink.gif

#26 Bobbie

Bobbie

Normal Member

• Members Standard
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 07:11 PM

My suggestion for someone who has never used a digital camera is to buy a real cheapy first, though make sure it has a preview window. Then use it for awhile and decide what you are missing. In the meantime, the prices of the good ones will drop by the $100 you have spent so you won't spend any additional money over what it would have cost to buy the good one in the first place. Then you can give the beginner camera to a niece or nephew.

#27 Wink

Wink

Forum Conversion Survivor

• Members Plus
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 09:02 PM

I have a Nikon cool pix 885 and its older and bigger brother. If it was a gun, it would be loaded for bear.[icon_smile_big.gif

#28 BlueWater

BlueWater

Normal Member

• Members
  • 489 posts
  • Interests:52gal: 1 RES w/ 2-Parrot Fish
    Fluval4 PLUS
    60Watt Ceramic baskheat
    18inch Reptisun 2.0

20Gal tall: 2 White's TreeFrog

Posted 19 March 2003 - 02:01 PM

I stand by the NIKKON Coolpix.

Mine is great. Haven't taken any pix with Spartacus on it yet, but I do have some samples from my SaltWater Tank.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

http://www.xtreme-x....x786_puff_1.jpg

#29 dg3724

dg3724

Normal Member

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Born in NY, stayed in London for half a year, moved to Colombia for half a year. Then moved to sunny Florida!

Posted 19 March 2003 - 02:34 PM

I love my Nikon coolpix 2500, the only problem i have is the lack of changeable lenses. This would be a good beginners digicam. Not too expensive, good MP, good, storage capacity. I'm sticking with Nikon.

#30 Millam

Millam

• Members
  • 1,759 posts
  • Interests:Swing dancing, Video games, movies, Herps, Veterinary Medicine....

Posted 19 March 2003 - 03:07 PM

I have a Olympus D-550 That I got for Xmas. Usually run around $200 bucks.

I love it!!!!!! Here's some pictures that I've taken with it.

My Turtles being naughty...

http://www.msu.edu/~.../titilation.jpg

This picture I'm really glad turned out... didn't expect it to be this good. It was taken at Medieval times restaurant in Chicago.

http://www.msu.edu/~...e934/falcon.jpg

This was a picture taken through my view finder.

http://www.msu.edu/~...Duluth_view.jpg

Along with this one, and might I add we were moving!

http://www.msu.edu/~...rior_bridge.jpg

I vote for Olympus it's a fine camera... Hasn't let me down yet!

#31 Lini

Lini

Preferred Member

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Interests:I live in the 3rd largest city in Pennsylvania, and I go to school at Penn State. I wanted to study equine studies (horses), and then become a speech pathologist, a photographer, an elementry teacher...but now I am sticking with Marketing and hopefully I

Posted 19 March 2003 - 06:21 PM

Well, I just got a digital camrea. I got the cannon elph s200, it looks like this: Posted Image. It is 279 there, plus tax and all that good stuff, but I got mine for 263 all together at www.pricegrabber.com . I think it takes really good pictures, but its only 2 MP, but thats good enough for me. Its really small, and thats what I like about it. It takes mini movies, and it has alot of features that I have yet to try! Here are a few pictures that I took of my turtle when I was home last week:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is my first digital camrea, and im really pleased with it. Its just point and shoot, and its really easy to use. It comes with a dinky 8 mb memory, but it comes iwth a nifty rechargable batty and charger. I really like it! [icon_smile_big.gif

#32 Wink

Wink

• Members Plus
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 06:25 PM

Nice pics, the second one should be on a Hallmark. It's awesome with that sunset look.

#33 ginnyba

ginnyba

Normal Member

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:have 2 northern wood turtles 1 redfoot tortoise, and 2 hatchling redfoot tortoise
    1 painted turtle

Posted 19 March 2003 - 06:47 PM

Hi all, I got a digital for Christmas it's a Kodak easyshare digital 3.1 pixels. It's very easy to use and the pictures have been great!! We also got the dock for ease of transfering and recharging.[icon_smile_big.gif

#34 PicOlio

PicOlio

Lowly Zoo Keeper

• Retired Moderators
  • 2,576 posts
  • Interests:Mother of three and care taker of 2 African Grey Parrots, 2 Rottweilers, 1 shepherd/whippet mix, 2 gerbils, 3 Bearded Dragons, 1 Cat, 3 Firebelly Toads, 2 55g aquariums, 1 29g aquarium, 1 46g, 1 50g, 1 20g, 1 10g, 1 29g, 2 180g aquariums, 1 225g and 26 turtles - cooters, mud, spottys, hamiltoniis, terrapins, etc ;)

Posted 20 March 2003 - 08:03 AM

I just got a new camera!! [icon_smile_big.gif [icon_smile_big.gif [icon_smile_big.gif [icon_smile_big.gif

For details on my new camera visit:
http://www.imaging-r...S/C730/C73P.HTM

I bought it off of ebay from this guy
http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=2917285565
If you view his other items the same deal is repeated a few times and it's a GREAT DEAL esp when you calculate in all of the extras he includes with it (AC Adapter, Case, 32MB Card, Extra Batteries, Charger, Card Reader, tripod etc etc etc)

I just got it yesterday evening so I have a lot to figure out but at first glance/use I'm LOVING IT!!!! I just can't seem to stop playing with the video ehhe

To see my first test videos visit:
http://picolio.com/Video/

Note I have not read the manual yet lol...

So FWIW...I think I'm going to be quite pleased with this choice [icon_smile_big.gif

#35 MelK

MelK

Normal Member

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:I live in rural WI, about an hour from St. Paul MN. (but am origionaly from St. Paul.) I part time as an optician. My family is also very active in our church. I have always been an animal lover, and drove my parents CRAZY as a kid with my wanting to hav

Posted 20 March 2003 - 12:38 PM

We use the Samsung Digimax 130. It takes very good pics and was a great price point. It also has frills of more expensive cameras like the LCD screen. The only disadvantage is the lighting has to be really good otherwise shots come out grainy. It works great for what we use it for. My son loves to use it too.

#36 Orzo

Orzo

Addicted Member

• Retired Moderators
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 02:10 PM

I also have a Kodak Easyshare the 4330 I think- 4.0 megapixel. I love it- it was in Consumer Reports - which is where I started reseraching. i have the dock but still need to hook it up.

#37 JJ

JJ

Addicted Member

• Members Plus
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 05:15 PM

Lini, nice pictures...

Cheers,
JJ [icon_smile_wink.gif

#38 Korni

Korni

Starting Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 08:37 AM

What do you think about FUJIFILM FINEPIX A204? Anybody has it? I am considering about it.

Thanks!

#39 PKohler

PKohler

• Members
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 01:44 PM

I have an Agfa ePhoto 270 (1.3 megapixel) which we no longer use much and a Kodak dx3600.

We've taken nearly 3000 pictures with the kodak since october (this includes video, it does that too). It's a 2.2 meghapixel with an accurate viewfinder and the ability to use the screen as a viewfinder.

The new kodaks and the new HP's are some of the best you'll find for under $700. The lens' are all glass (not plastic, which you see in a lot of fuji, olympus and agfa digital cameras) and they use popular digital film- compact flash and, more commonly now, SD (secure digital) cards.

I like the quality of many Sony camera shots BUT, they use proprietary media- the sony memory stick. Which limits what you can do with it.

I can take the card out of may camera and put it in my pocketpc for viewing. I like that feature.

#40 jbbrzezi

jbbrzezi

Preferred Member

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:20 Long tank. Fluval 304 filter. Self-ballasted Mercury Vapor UV bulb.

Posted 30 April 2003 - 11:33 AM

Anybody interested in getting a digital camera might want to check out May '03's (?) issue of Consumer Reports. They did a pretty decent breakdown of cameras. Unfortunately, I don't have the issue in front of me to list their recommendations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users