• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Missy & Me

Missy & Me

Starting Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 05:06 PM

The camera I have is very easy to operate and it was not expensive ($180 at Sears). I have been so pleased with it that I purchased 2 more of the same model for my sons. When I purchased my first, there was a special sale going on and it came with the memory card (usually sold seperately) and the last one I purchased came with a photo printer.

I have a Sony Cyber-shot (DSC-S40).
It's 4.1 mega pixels with various setting options.
Optical zoom 3X (digital zoom not recommended)
It also takes videos with voice (built in microphone)

With a decent photo editor program your possiblities are endless.

There are so many choices! First, decide what you want from a camera and how much you are willing to spend. Then shop around and if you are lucky you'll find a salesperson that knows what they are talking about.

Good Luck!

Edited by Missy & Me, 20 August 2006 - 05:25 PM.

#62 Breigh

Breigh

It's true frogs were turtles without shells!

• Members Plus
  • 1,055 posts
  • Interests:Turtles of course!<br />I also like to read a lot, download TV shows and movies (Bit torrent rules!). I cross stitch, quilt, hang out with friends, gab online and all the other geeky stuff.
  • Last Blog Entry:
  • A Sweet Proposal

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:46 AM

I have a Casio EX-Z40 which I love. I've had it for about 3-4 years now though and am ready for an upgrade.

It does same some very nice photos though and it's small enough to tuck in your pocket but still has a 2" screen. I'd recommend the Casio Exilims anyday.

If you want to see some photos that are taken with it, have a look through my albums on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/breigh/

#63 stargaze

stargaze

Normal Member

• Members Plus
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for the great topic Barbara.
My humble experience:

Nikons rule (but expensive)
Canons and Fujis are great in the mid range. (get the point and shoots..very easy to use)

If you want fancy...go for the video or movie maker options in the canons and fujis

Olympus is also great in the mid range prices.....will take a beating and still keep breathing!

Can't wait to see all your pics Barbara. :)

#64 boggs

boggs

Normal Member

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:33 PM

I have a Sony Cyber-Shot (DSC-100) with 8.1 mp. It also has an optical zoom of 3x, a digital zoom of 2X, it can hold approx 360 shots on its 64mb internal memory, it has a Lithium ion battery, with battery charger, approx 180 min of video time, and much more. All for $270, that was on e-bay, but with the sales going on right now, wal-mart has it for as low as $290. It also takes great pics, like this:

Posted Image :D

#65 JoeM

JoeM

Normal Member

• Members Plus
  • 471 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:27 AM

I have an Olympus Stylus 710 that I picked up from Best Buy back in January. I've always been an Olympus fanboy, but this is by far the best digital camera I've ever owned.

Posted Image

Check it out

Here's a pick of my RES I snapped a few weeks ago

Posted Image

#66 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Starting Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

I bought a Canon Powershot SD1000 and I absolutely love it. It has all the thhings I need and meets all my needs :)

#67 zesty_17

zesty_17

Starting Member

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

around 100 kodakeasy share is what i use to take all my pics....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users