• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 LisaD

LisaD

Addicted Member

• Retired Moderators
  • 17,302 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:39 PM

Turtle Times in and of itself and its ownership and staff are NOT affiliated with the below website or information pertained herein, however many have asked for help posting multiple pictures and we would very much like to help them. Below we talk about Photobucket.com it is a free picture hosting site that allows you easier access of sharing multiple pictures from your PC on the forum. Here is how it works: (PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE TRYING!)

Go to http://photobucket.com/

Establish your own free account. Make one album or one album and sub albums or many sub albums. Understand if you make one album in time I believe it is 10 pages total is number of images you can add so sometimes if you chose to have sub albums you can add more. Also this is a free service but donations there are WELCOMED if you read their site text and it is worth it to do so.

Now once you've made your album name you will have a login and password there make sure they are both something you can remember easily.

Now its time to upload pictures from your PC first click the album or sub album you want the pictures to upload into. Now then you will see to the right hand side "Upload Images & Videos Choose an image (or a video) Choose a few images Choose a whole bunch of images" and the "BROWSE" button now if you want to add just one picture click browse and upload the image(s) you want in your album however if you want to upload more than one image beneath the BROWSE button you'll see "Add more images (or upload from a web url)" so you'd click that then manually go and hit browse and add in a picture from your PC in that box then beneath it upload the next hitting browse selecting an image from a file on your PC and on and on until all the images you wish to add are there. Now you won't see the pictures yet as you're just uploading them so far. Once you are done adding images through BROWSE to your Photobucket album of your choice you then (see the BUT WAIT section below first!!) click UPLOAD and wait and wait and wait because yes it takes time to upload the images so be patient. :)

BUT WAIT

This just in...they have a new feature now that allows you to chose the uploading size options, which is located just below the BROWSE to upload images and videos option. So click that also before or after your images have been selected from a file on your PC through browse here are the options once you click that the box drops down to offer these sizes (you'll see this on your screen):

Uploading Options

Max Image Size Thumbnail (160 x 120)

Max Image Size
Avatar ( 100 x 75 ) 19" Screen ( 1280 x 960 )
Thumbnail ( 160 x 120 ) 21" Screen ( 1600 x 1200 )
Website, Email ( 320 x 240 ) 22" Screen ( 2048 x 1536 )
Message Board ( 640 x 480 ) 23" Screen ( 2240 x 1680 )
15" Screen ( 800 x 600 ) 1 Megabyte File Size
17" Screen ( 1024 x 768 ) 2 Megabyte File Size
Need the really big sizes? Go Pro!

The larger you go the better if you reload them at message board size or larger (can be edited later in Photobucket) then they WILL display that is IF you have them saved as large images above thumbnail size on a file in your own PC and that goes for all us turtle picture fanatics! :lol:

NEXT

Once you've selected the size you want your images to be uploaded at, used the browse and upload feature to upload pictures from your PC file to your Photobucket album they appear side by side in the order you uploaded them and then and....

ABOVE each picture you will see this:
move | edit | share | delete

In the center you will see:
YOUR PICTURE

BENEATH your picture you will see this:
URL Link
HTML Tag
IMG Code

Again it will look like this:

(your uploaded picture would show here)

URL Link
HTML Tag
IMG Code

Example with image (thank you Texconrad):

Posted Image

URL Link
HTML Tag
IMG Code

Now remember the picture example above was uploaded in thumbnail size but when you first add all pictures from your file(s) on your PC to your Photobucket album account they will appear small. Now to know exactly what size they uploaded at and to be sure click on the actual picture one at a time and up it comes in the size it uploaded too. Now if the photo disproportions your screen or appears too large taking up 3/4 to the whole screen then you need to return to your album and above your picture in question chose the EDIT button above it (see example above to note where the EDIT button is) up it comes again and chose "resize" it will appear as an option above your picture at full upload size and give you choice chose again "message board size." IF you have uploaded it very large of course, now that won't work if you've inadvertently uploaded it smaller then message board size such as thumbnail size obviously.

FINALLY

Once you are ready to post your picture to the forum in your post you need to copy the IMG CODE just beneath your picture(s) doing so one at a time and you do this by right clicking your mouse and chose SELECT ALL and it highlights it (the IMG CODE under your photo) and then right click your mouse again and chose COPY now come on TT find the post place you want your picture to appear and right inside your post right click your mouse again and chose PASTE. To be sure this worked for you after also filling words in your post or topic title and to be sure picture you wish to share is of size it should be chose the PREVIEW POST option and see what it'll look like if everything appears right it'll post that same way then chose POST NEW TOPIC or (POST) REPLY.

If you have any questions, need any further assistance, if it isn't working for you, you need help, or you wish to practice your picture posting in this thread please do. It sounds incredibly hard and/or very taxing but I assure you once you get the hang of it is quite easy and you'll so enjoy the feature it offers you to post your wonderful pictures. That said, come on lets see those awesome pictures folks! ;)

#2 MouhotiiFan

MouhotiiFan

Rockin Acreage

• Moderator Team
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:11 PM

Nice informative easy to read post Lisa!

#3 CLAWS

CLAWS

The "Filter Man"

• Members Plus
  • 6,471 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, Fishing, Photography, Plant (canna lilly) hybridizer, Turtle equip research, and Turtles.

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:22 PM

Thanks Lisa for posting the detailed instructions on how to use Photobucket to display pic's on TT.
It was a great review for us folks that use photobucket. But in addition I did learn about the new feature of resizing, never noticed it there.... Thanks. ;)

#4 LisaD

LisaD

Addicted Member

• Retired Moderators
  • 17,302 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:27 PM

Thanks guys! I have seen more and more people wanting to post their great photos we'd all love to enjoy and enter the contests too and have not had success uploading them directly to the forum or have had issues with those photo hosting websites . So I wanted to repay the favor Brian (invisibleman) at once time (okay several hundreds of times :D) did for me by sharing the easier way of trying to upload one or a multiple number of pictures.

#5 Andy

Andy

Addicted Member

• Retired Moderators
  • 10,583 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:57 PM

Great post Lisa. Thanks for the hard work you put into this.

#6 Matt S.

Matt S.

Long Time Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8,435 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:15 PM

Lisa,
Nice job here...Thanks!

#7 2 12 YearOld James River Sliders

2 12 YearOld James River Sliders

Normal Member

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Hi, I'm Kim, and I have one 14 year old Ouachita Map(girl), and one 14 year old Red Ear Slider(boy), both were wild caught when they were hatchlings from the James River in Southwestern Mo. I also have two rescue cats, Rage and Biscut(girls), rage is about 15 years old, and Biscut is about 10 years old. My dog L.B. passed in 05 from liver cancer, I had her about 14 years too, and I miss her so much! <br />I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old boy, and all my interests have been put on hold for a little while longer, at least till he gets a little older. <br />But I love history, follow the news, and enjoy spending time in our flower and vegetables gardens. A few of my interests that are put on hold are collecting Native American artifacts, cropie(msp) fishing, anything else outdoors.

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:07 AM

http://i117.photobuc...25/IMG_0589.jpg Just practicing

#8 tango

tango

Starting Member

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:41 AM

Hi.

Just trying to post a photo.

Posted Image

Can some one tell me what breed is this Asian tort.

Cheer

Hi,

Why my picture is so big, how to reduce it size.

#9 LisaD

LisaD

Addicted Member

• Retired Moderators
  • 17,302 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:29 AM

I think you have a giant Asian pond turtle if looks like my new Grandis, although said being Asian turtle guessing I'm probably wrong! And if you see the instructiosns above they are large, your pictures, because they were uploaded at photobucket higher then in the rcommended "Message board size." So can go back and modify them to that messsge board size or reload them at photobucket at "Message board size" and delete your oversized (Full screen uploaded sizes).

PLease post the picture of the above turtle in the forum "What Am I" for 100% ID help.

#10 Willowtree

Willowtree

Preferred Member

• Members Plus
  • 559 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, animals, photography, astronomy, birdwatching, learning, bibliophilia, movies, television, French, Latin, Classical Greek

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:43 PM

This beauty deserves a big "Wow!"---Wow! Thanks for showing us.

#11 sliderfun4ever

sliderfun4ever

Normal Member

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:13 AM

Turtle Times in and of itself and its ownership and staff are NOT affiliated with the below website or information pertained herein, however many have asked for help posting multiple pictures and we would very much like to help them. Below we talk about Photobucket.com it is a free picture hosting site that allows you easier access of sharing multiple pictures from your PC on the forum. Here is how it works: (PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE TRYING!)

Go to http://photobucket.com/

Establish your own free account. Make one album or one album and sub albums or many sub albums. Understand if you make one album in time I believe it is 10 pages total is number of images you can add so sometimes if you chose to have sub albums you can add more. Also this is a free service but donations there are WELCOMED if you read their site text and it is worth it to do so.

Now once you've made your album name you will have a login and password there make sure they are both something you can remember easily.
Now its time to upload pictures from your PC first click the album or sub album you want the pictures to upload into. Now then you will see to the right hand side "Upload Images & Videos Choose an image (or a video) Choose a few images Choose a whole bunch of images" and the "BROWSE" button now if you want to add just one picture click browse and upload the image(s) you want in your album however if you want to upload more than one image beneath the BROWSE button you'll see "Add more images (or upload from a web url)" so you'd click that then manually go and hit browse and add in a picture from your PC in that box then beneath it upload the next hitting browse selecting an image from a file on your PC and on and on until all the images you wish to add are there. Now you won't see the pictures yet as you're just uploading them so far. Once you are done adding images through BROWSE to your Photobucket album of your choice you then (see the BUT WAIT section below first!!) click UPLOAD and wait and wait and wait because yes it takes time to upload the images so be patient. :)

BUT WAIT

This just in...they have a new feature now that allows you to chose the uploading size options, which is located just below the BROWSE to upload images and videos option. So click that also before or after your images have been selected from a file on your PC through browse here are the options once you click that the box drops down to offer these sizes (you'll see this on your screen):

Uploading Options

Max Image Size Thumbnail (160 x 120)

Max Image Size
Avatar ( 100 x 75 ) 19" Screen ( 1280 x 960 )
Thumbnail ( 160 x 120 ) 21" Screen ( 1600 x 1200 )
Website, Email ( 320 x 240 ) 22" Screen ( 2048 x 1536 )
Message Board ( 640 x 480 ) 23" Screen ( 2240 x 1680 )
15" Screen ( 800 x 600 ) 1 Megabyte File Size
17" Screen ( 1024 x 768 ) 2 Megabyte File Size
Need the really big sizes? Go Pro!

The larger you go the better if you reload them at message board size or larger (can be edited later in Photobucket) then they WILL display that is IF you have them saved as large images above thumbnail size on a file in your own PC and that goes for all us turtle picture fanatics! :lol:
NEXT

Once you've selected the size you want your images to be uploaded at, used the browse and upload feature to upload pictures from your PC file to your Photobucket album they appear side by side in the order you uploaded them and then and....
ABOVE each picture you will see this:
In the center you will see:
YOUR PICTURE

BENEATH your picture you will see this:
URL Link
HTML Tag
IMG Code

Again it will look like this:

(your uploaded picture would show here)

URL Link
HTML Tag
IMG Code

Example with image (thank you Texconrad):

Posted Image

URL Link
HTML Tag
IMG Code

Now remember the picture example above was uploaded in thumbnail size but when you first add all pictures from your file(s) on your PC to your Photobucket album account they will appear small. Now to know exactly what size they uploaded at and to be sure click on the actual picture one at a time and up it comes in the size it uploaded too. Now if the photo disproportions your screen or appears too large taking up 3/4 to the whole screen then you need to return to your album and above your picture in question chose the EDIT button above it (see example above to note where the EDIT button is) up it comes again and chose "resize" it will appear as an option above your picture at full upload size and give you choice chose again "message board size." IF you have uploaded it very large of course, now that won't work if you've inadvertently uploaded it smaller then message board size such as thumbnail size obviously.

FINALLY

Once you are ready to post your picture to the forum in your post you need to copy the IMG CODE just beneath your picture(s) doing so one at a time and you do this by right clicking your mouse and chose SELECT ALL and it highlights it (the IMG CODE under your photo) and then right click your mouse again and chose COPY now come on TT find the post place you want your picture to appear and right inside your post right click your mouse again and chose PASTE. To be sure this worked for you after also filling words in your post or topic title and to be sure picture you wish to share is of size it should be chose the PREVIEW POST option and see what it'll look like if everything appears right it'll post that same way then chose POST NEW TOPIC or (POST) REPLY.
If you have any questions, need any further assistance, if it isn't working for you, you need help, or you wish to practice your picture posting in this thread please do. It sounds incredibly hard and/or very taxing but I assure you once you get the hang of it is quite easy and you'll so enjoy the feature it offers you to post your wonderful pictures. That said, come on lets see those awesome pictures folks! ;)

wow, easy to use... thanks so much

#12 TurtleTish

TurtleTish

Normal Member

• Members Plus
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:10 AM

Can you tell me why my post shows red Xs instead of my pics? I used Photobucket, and I can see the pics fine on my computer, but others are posting that they cannot view them.

I resized all the pics before uploading them to Photobucket. The pics are 600x450 pixels, or 791K, so I did not resize them while uploading to Photobucket.

My post has A LOT of pics, and the thread is titled "A Day in the Life of Goose" in North American Box Turtles. Can someone help me fix it? I used to use ImageShack before they went kaput, and never had this problem, even with pic heavy posts.

Is it a bandwidth issue, and I shouldn't upload so many pics in one post, to ensure everyone can view them?

Tish

#13 LisaD

LisaD

Addicted Member

• Retired Moderators
  • 17,302 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:27 AM

Tish I would wonder are you copying the IMG tags entirely and spacing them in your posts? If you PM me an image I'll ply around with one nd see if I can figure it out for you. :) FYI I saw all your pictures there in the goose thread just fine...

#14 TurtleTish

TurtleTish

Normal Member

• Members Plus
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:17 PM

I know what I did wrong....

so, this may help others in the future.....

after uploading to Photobucket and then posting here, I went back on Photobucket and created a file (album) and moved all the images. I did this to organize them, and to remember which ones I'd already posted. (stupid, stupid, stupid) I don't know why myself and a few others were still able to see the images. But now it makes sense that the link was broken. Hence, the red X's.

Keep em where you linked em.

Tish

#15 billpda

billpda

Preferred Member

• Members Plus
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:turtles, video games, turtles, creative stuff, turtles, not sleeping, turtles, and turtles

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:49 PM

test:
Posted Image

Edited by billpda, 02 February 2008 - 03:52 PM.

#16 h4wk5r0Ck

h4wk5r0Ck

• Members Standard
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:13 AM

just testing to see if this works :D

Posted Image

#17 sananjana

sananjana

• Members Standard
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:40 AM

thanks for sharing your own thoughs by this forum.
m really gr8tful for giving a example of free picture hosting. :) :)

Pet Portrait
Faithful Family Portrait

#18 THREEStripedMAMA

THREEStripedMAMA

Normal Member

• Members Plus
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Test 

d5fb9f60-f07e-40ee-ae7c-b97afb8d4858_zps

#19 turtlelover1109

turtlelover1109