a beautiful terrarium

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chris136

Chris136

Breeding Ambos

• Members Plus
  • 1,251 posts
  • Interests:Turtles, Music Production, DJing, Computer Sciences, Snowboarding, Video Gaming.

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:21 PM

Just wanted to share this beutiful indoor Malayan Box Turtle terrarium I found. It belongs to Mary Hopson at http://www.turtlepuddle.org/
Posted Image

Edited by Chris136, 21 April 2008 - 08:36 PM.

#2 Boxiebreeder

Boxiebreeder

Addicted Member

• Members
  • 2,428 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in herpatology. I am a martial arts practitioner. I am into graphic design. And I am debating an aqautic turtle.

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:43 PM

This was featured in the March issuse of Reptiles I think.

#3 LisaD

LisaD

Addicted Member

• Retired Moderators
  • 17,302 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:43 PM

Danny is right it was featured in that issue with other indoor designs including those done by Ed (EJ).

#4 Chris136

Chris136

Breeding Ambos

• Members Plus
  • 1,251 posts
  • Interests:Turtles, Music Production, DJing, Computer Sciences, Snowboarding, Video Gaming.

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:22 PM

Well I can certainly see why it would be issued.

#5 Blaise

Blaise

Starting Member

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:28 AM

I LOVE this enclosure. After seeing it in that Reptiles article about turtle tables I've really wanted to build something similar. It would be totally inappropriate for my Russians, obviously, but my Three-toed boxie would probably love something like that--with modified water feature of course.

I am a teacher and with the summer coming up I need a project so I'm thinking about trying to make something similar to enclosure shown. My biggest concern is sealing/finishing it well enough so that all the moisture won't be a problem. I guess maintenance/upkeep really wouldn't be as hard as it first seems because after looking closely at the picture it appears that the plants are in their own pots. For my boxie I would have a shallower water area than the one shown w/out a filter, but my boxie loves being in the water so I would really like to provide a substantial water feature.

The beams going across the top look like they are for the light fixtures? In the picture it looks kind of like there is a screen or something across the top on the far left side but the rest of it is uncovered, right? My biggest concern about building a "table" type enclosure for my boxie is keeping the humidity in but I guess you could solve that problem by covering at least part of the top? I just don't know how complicated my limited carpentry skills will allow me to be lol.

#6 Caturtle

Caturtle

Preferred Member

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

Just wanted to share this beutiful indoor Malayan Box Turtle terrarium I found. It belongs to Mary Hopson at

Interesting. She gave me a hard time b/c I recommended non-glass enclosures to someone on a different site.

I love irony more than this setup, but the setup is fairly cool.

#7 Chris136

Chris136

Breeding Ambos

• Members Plus
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

I made something very similar to breed my Ambos, didn't come out as nice though... It's 8'x4'x2.5' and 450 gallons. It's harder than it looks :D.
These are old pictures, my tank no longer looks as industrial and plain.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users