A Squidgey Situation

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LV426

LV426

• Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

OK so I'm a sucker. Everyone knows that I can't pass up a furry face. Yesterday I went to the feed store for straw and duck food. I came home with another critter. It was cat adoption day at the feed store and they had the cats in cages lined up so you can't get through the store without running the cat and kitten gauntlet. Now to be honest I wasn't wanting a cat but I did look to see if they had any orange tabbys. Trouble is an orange Tabby and I've wanted to get another one to try and bring up in his image because I'm pretty sure I'm going to hurl myself off a cliff when he dies. So anyway they didn't have any orange tabby kittens or cats so I was going on to the back. Then this paw reaches out and grabs me and this plaintive yowl sounds and I look and there is this little tuxedo cat. 4 years old, spayed, affectionate, and abandoned because her owner lost her house and couldn't have her anymore. I don't need a cat. I really don't need another mouth to feed. And yet...

So I pick her up to see how she is and she purrs and drapes herself around me and drools a bit. She talks to me and tells me all about how she really hates cages and just wants to go to a good home with soft blankets and yummy food and toys. And of course with each mew and meow I'm getting sucked in deeper. Usually I don't like to adopt from these places because they cost way more than they should but the lady tells me she's only $25 because she's an older cat. So I fill out the form, pay the $25 and now I have a new cat.

So without further ado, here is Squidge. (Her real name was Bobby but I like Squidge better. She has what looks to be a short tail but it's actually because it was broken in 2 places and healed in a tight S shape so it's all shortened but it doesn't hurt her any.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 AmyW

AmyW

Addicted Member

• Moderator Team
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:59 PM

awww What a pretty kitty!! Reminds me of my Rambo. And a cute story too! I have 4 cats, after each one of them I have told myself "No more cats!!", but I think after my 4th I really am at my limit! Anyway, here is a picture of my Rambo man.
This is a fairly old picture of him. It was taken back in 2003.
Posted Image

#3 TurtleMomma

TurtleMomma

If you don't like turtles, I can't know you anymore.

• Members Plus
  • 912 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, cats, rats and turtles. Photography. Plants.

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:10 PM

Awww, what a heart touching story! She picked you!! What a compliment. :D

I know what you mean about losing it when your orange kitty dies. When my boy Bosley goes I'm never going to be the same. :(

I have 7 and I have sworn not to get any more. I would truly LOVE to have a long haired orange tabby (can you believe w/ 7 that I don't have one that's orange?!) and maybe someday I'll have one...but not anytime soon. I also love the Ragdoll cats. Have you seen those??

#4 AmyW

AmyW

Addicted Member

• Moderator Team
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:20 PM

I have 7 and I have sworn not to get any more. I would truly LOVE to have a long haired orange tabby (can you believe w/ 7 that I don't have one that's orange?!) and maybe someday I'll have one...but not anytime soon. I also love the Ragdoll cats. Have you seen those??

I have a long haired kitty, but not an orange tabby. He may be more medium haired really, but he's a beautiful kitty. And I absolutely ADORE ragdolls!

#5 TurtleMomma

TurtleMomma

• Members Plus
  • 912 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:26 PM

I have a long haired kitty, but not an orange tabby. He may be more medium haired really, but he's a beautiful kitty. And I absolutely ADORE ragdolls!

I've got two with long hair. One is a Maine Coon (Oliver) and Wilson is just a gutter cat (literally was found as a 3 week old kitten in the gutter). Wilson has whispy hair...we call it "cotton candy hair". And they both have crazy amounts of hair between their toes. It's sooooo cute! :D Yes, the Ragdoll cat are soooo adorable!!

#6 BullDog

BullDog

Normal Member

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:45 AM

Aww! Congrats on the new family addition ^_^

It's good to hear about another cat who drools!! xD

#7 TurtleMomma

TurtleMomma

• Members Plus
  • 912 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:55 AM

Aww! Congrats on the new family addition ^_^

It's good to hear about another cat who drools!! xD

On the rare RARE occasion that Molly will allow me to pet her, she drools. It's kinda icky but I don't get to pet her often so I just deal with it. LOL

#8 TurtleMomma

TurtleMomma

• Members Plus
  • 912 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:58 AM

LV426,
Do you know how her tail got broken in two places?? Poor baby. I hope it wasn't because someone was cruel to her.

#9 LV426

LV426

• Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:51 PM

LV426,
Do you know how her tail got broken in two places?? Poor baby. I hope it wasn't because someone was cruel to her.

Honestly I don't know how her tail was broken. It's a very old break so it probably happened when she was a kitten. I took her in today to see my regular vet and he said it's actually been broken in 4 places, not just 2 but that it was old.

#10 animalhugger

animalhugger

Normal Member

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • Interests:animals<br />books-favorites:<br />the sight<br />fire bringer<br />warrior series by erin hunter<br />harry potter series<br /><br />my pets-<br />1 midland painted turtle: tortuga<br />6 cats: garfield, skunk, mic, skeeter, hooch, zeek<br />2 rats: scabbers and remy<br />1 mouse: algernon<br />30fish

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

aww adorable!! that one lookes just like my Zeek but she has a bigger white mark on her face. orange tabbys are one of my favorites too. all of my boys drool like crazy when they in cuddley mode. =]
i think cats are my favorite pet to have

#11 TurtleMomma

TurtleMomma

• Members Plus
  • 912 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:17 PM

Honestly I don't know how her tail was broken. It's a very old break so it probably happened when she was a kitten. I took her in today to see my regular vet and he said it's actually been broken in 4 places, not just 2 but that it was old.

Oh no! That poor kitty! :( I'm so glad she's got such a good home now. Nothing else bad will happen to her now. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users