• Members Standard
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:03 PM

These are the rest of my animals :)

Tank one :

Breeding pair of convicts, featherfin catfish, pleco

Posted Image
Posted Image

Tank two (Its now in the process of being upgraded)

Five albino barbs, one green barb, three albino rainbow sharks, one ghost shrimp that never got ate, one albino pleco

Posted Image

Tank three (really bad tank I admit its my seven year old sisters pick. Its not done)

Three assorted mollies

Posted Image

Tank four (These fish are now in a new tank my camera is lost so no pics)

Two breeding pair of parrot chiclids

Posted Image

Tank five:

Assorted kinds of goldfish

Posted Image

And I am in the process of buiding up a 50 hex to move the convicts in and another breeder tank of green terror chiclids.

I also have two hamsters:

Mr Fatty the winter white dwarf that is almost four years old (Mind you they usually live only 1-2 years)

Posted Image

Mr. Fluffy Buns the long haired teddy

Posted Image

And finally that is it!

#2 AmyW

AmyW

Addicted Member

• Moderator Team
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

Beautiful aquariums! :) And adorable hamsters. By the way, I LOVE the name Mr. Fluffy Buns! LOL It really made me laugh.

#3 Euphoric

Euphoric

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

Thank you. Thats a pic when I first got him, I have had him for like five months now.
All of his really long hair is right on his rear end so he looks like he has a crazy hair style or something.
But now that he is bigger its even worse! All tuff on the buns.

#4 Shashi M.

Shashi M.

RES Guy.

• Members Plus
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

Nice. Looks like you have your hands full. Before I started college I literally had an entire zoo in my house.........but as time passed the fish died out.....didn't have time to get new ones.....hamsters and rabbits died also and well the birds........except for my parrot.......have new homes. Thanks for sharing those pics with us.

#5 Euphoric

Euphoric

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

Thats why I downsized actually shashi. I used to have two more hamsters and two degus, a kind of chinchilla like small animal plus a bearded dragon.
I have been going to community college while attending high school and working 35 plus hours a week at a job but still found time. Now I am going to Arizona State and realized that I really should stop taking in rescues all the time and concentrate on the animals I know I can keep for life.
I have so many supplies it really no cost to me anymore. The only thing that gets pricey is food for my reptiles but its a sacrifice I do to keep them.

I also planned on doing a large scale breeding with my leopard geckos but decided to settle for what I have now plus one male in the future. So my breeding will be small scale but still profitable.
One of my hams, two of my leos and some of the fish were all take ins. Thats where I get into trouble.

Right now all my projects are complete and then I will be finished. I just need to upgrade the two tanks, buy my super snow leo, my female crested, and my turtle and I swear I will be done! ;)

Edited by Euphoric, 18 August 2008 - 08:34 PM.

#6 Shashi M.

Shashi M.

RES Guy.

• Members Plus
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

Thats why I downsized actually shashi. I used to have two more hamsters and two degus, a kind of chinchilla like small animal plus a bearded dragon.
I have been going to community college while attending high school and working 35 plus hours a week at a job but still found time. Now I am going to Arizona State and realized that I really should stop taking in rescues all the time and concentrate on the animals I know I can keep for life.
I have so many supplies it really no cost to me anymore. The only thing that gets pricey is food for my reptiles but its a sacrifice I do to keep them.

I also planned on doing a large scale breeding with my leopard geckos but decided to settle for what I have now plus one male in the future. So my breeding will be small scale but still profitable.
One of my hams, two of my leos and some of the fish were all take ins. Thats where I get into trouble.

Right now all my projects are complete and then I will be finished. I just need to upgrade the two tanks, buy my super snow leo, my female crested, and my turtle and I swear I will be done! ;)

Ahhh......I see. Well likewise, I have been able to keep a few pets. Think I have time for those and no more! I have my parrot for about seven years now and my two RES which I acquired about a year now. I also have a puppy.........but my brother usually takes care of her as he likes dogs. The leopard gecko business does sound like a profitable one ;).

#7 Euphoric

Euphoric

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

Yeah plus leos are really easy to care for plus set up is cheap. The only thing is getting the different morphs can be expensive. My blazing blizzard was $110. But I can just turn that to profit when I get my super snow male and breed him to the females. However, super snows are usually at least $120.

As for the crested gecko, he is so unbelievable cheap to keep. Not only is set up super cheap because they dont need any lights or heat, the eat a special diet you mix with water and it lasts forever and is about 3 bucks. I only feed him crickets maybe once a month. And once again, once i bred it will be profit too although I will only have maybe two clutches a year since i only plan on having a pair instead of a trio.

And hamsters are the cheapest animals you can get. 10 dollars for the hamsters, 30 for the cage, some bedding and a bag of food for 5 dollars.
They just need more attention thats all.

I used to work for petsmart so I have so many fishtank supplies all i ever have to do is buy the upgraded tank and maybe some extra gravel.
The joys of it all.

#8 Shashi M.

Shashi M.

RES Guy.

• Members Plus
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:04 PM

Yeah plus leos are really easy to care for plus set up is cheap. The only thing is getting the different morphs can be expensive. My blazing blizzard was $110. But I can just turn that to profit when I get my super snow male and breed him to the females. However, super snows are usually at least $120.

As for the crested gecko, he is so unbelievable cheap to keep. Not only is set up super cheap because they dont need any lights or heat, the eat a special diet you mix with water and it lasts forever and is about 3 bucks. I only feed him crickets maybe once a month. And once again, once i bred it will be profit too although I will only have maybe two clutches a year since i only plan on having a pair instead of a trio.

And hamsters are the cheapest animals you can get. 10 dollars for the hamsters, 30 for the cage, some bedding and a bag of food for 5 dollars.
They just need more attention thats all.

I used to work for petsmart so I have so many fishtank supplies all i ever have to do is buy the upgraded tank and maybe some extra gravel.
The joys of it all.

Ahhh......the old days of buying anything that you wanted in the pet shop. If I just have more spare time during the day.......I would be able to have more pets......time is the limiting factor for me. Right now I'm on summer holidays........so I can post on TT all I want and do pretty much whatever I want.......but when college starts again.......well we all know how that goes B).

#9 Turtlestork

Turtlestork

What are you looking at?

• Members Plus
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:14 AM

Cute hamsters! Isn't the fluffy one a syrian though? I though they didn't like to live socially...Thats odd.

But anyway I love you fish...Never had much luck with fish. Could never keep them alive for very long.

I just wanted to let you know that breeding reptiles is not anything that is going to be VERY profitable. You can ask most reptile breeders and most will tell you that the money they get in most goes right back out for food and stuff. Even with the cheap cost of cresties and leos (I myself am starting to breed cresties, but I'm going to have more than a pair) you still are going to have to pay advertising (you won't get all your geckos sold on free classifieds), then there is that large chance that your geckos don't sell and you have to lower prices drastically. Plus the amount of babies your animals can healthily produce won't make you thousands or anything but it will start to make keeping the animals virtually free. Plus I can imagine how much the electric costs with all those tanks and their filters.

TS

#10 Euphoric

Euphoric

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:09 AM

Yes the fluffy is a syrian, they of course are in separate cages! Both of them are male anyways, and even though dwarf females can be housed males should never be together no matter what species (And thats kinda the same for a lot of animals!)

I def know its not going to be bank but I want to at least sell in order to buy the mighty engima leopard gecko.
Food for me isn't a problem because I am breeding my own worm colonies so cost is way down.
I don't plan on making a substantial income just something to probably buy more leos LOL :)

#11 Turtlestork

Turtlestork

What are you looking at?

• Members Plus
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:09 AM

Ok I got the impression that they were together for some reason. I have heard so many horror stories about that.

I really wanted to start breeding my food, though. I never had the time, though. I have seen those leos. I love them. My favorite are the tangerine (I think that's the morph) ones that I see for sale at the Urban gecko. I decided to go for the crestie breeding because there are so many leos in the hobby today I feel as if they will soon be like RES with so many we can't possibly house them all.

But anyway...

TS

#12 Euphoric

Euphoric

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:50 PM

Yeah tangs are really nice esp from urban gecko.
I am not a tang person, I am a white/albino ish person lol
I would like a sunglow, its the albino version of a tang :D

Yeah RES are so overbred it makes me sad. But leos are surprisingly in good market, I think because you can house multiples in a realitivly small cage (20 gal) and they don't get so big like RES.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users