• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 tutle

tutle

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:33 PM

i just got an xbox 360 for my lil bro for his birthday and i wanna get him some cool games. He'll play any game really but im looking for some multiplayer games as well as first person shooters... what do you recomend?

#2 Kat Xenatym

Kat Xenatym

• Members Standard
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:TURTLES!!! Band, Music, Frogs, Tadpoles, Reading, Writing, Flute, Dolling, and TT!

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:09 PM

For FPS I suggest the Orange Box, hands down. Half-Life 2 + HL 2 Episodes 1 & 2, plus Portal and Team Fortress 2. Portal is a first-person puzzle that is incredibly fun. I sat and played it start to finish in one sitting then went back and played it again. And it's a great idea to have some help on the latter half of the game. Half-Life + sequels are really top notch FPS's, though it does have a lot of gore and zombies and general awesomeness. Team Fortress 2 is online only multi-player, I think.

Assassin's Creed is a great third person sandbox, and its incredibly pretty. Red Faction Guerrilla is another good pic, though I have yet to play it (RF 1 & 2 were both great, however, and I expect nothing less from this one). It's not first-person like its predecessors, but it is fully destructible. Hooray for updated Geo-Mod technology!

Other than that, I don't have any other suggestions. I've neglected my 360 collection :D. I only have The Orange Box and Assassin's Creed XD.

#3 YanxFan

YanxFan

Normal Member

• Members Plus
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:04 AM

Best shooters on the Box IMO
Call of duty 4
Gears of war 2
Halo 3

Best Single Player games IMO
Fallout 3
Devil May Cry 4
Assassins Creed

#4 fluffie

fluffie

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:58 AM

army of 2 is a good game to play on coop i usually dont like shooters but finished it with my bf with no complaint and am looking forward to playing it on the next dificulty. I cant wait for the second one to come out unfortunatly it wont be called army of 22 :P
I also liked fable 2 but thought the story line was to short.

#5 Andy

Andy

Addicted Member

• Retired Moderators
  • 10,583 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:39 AM

Dead Space
Resident Evil 5
Call of Duty Modern Warfare
BioShock
Mass Effect
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

#6 tutle

tutle

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:59 AM

Dead Space
Resident Evil 5
Call of Duty Modern Warfare
BioShock
Mass Effect
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

i haver bioshock and to tell you the truth it scares the heck out of me...but i have to admit its a really good game

#7 Andy

Andy

Addicted Member

• Retired Moderators
  • 10,583 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:43 PM

BioShock is a really good game. If you want something to really scare you try Dead Space. Very good game and it will scare you pretty good while playing it in the middle of the night with no lights on.

#8 tutle

tutle

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:03 PM

army of 2 is a good game to play on coop i usually dont like shooters but finished it with my bf with no complaint and am looking forward to playing it on the next dificulty. I cant wait for the second one to come out unfortunatly it wont be called army of 22 :P
I also liked fable 2 but thought the story line was to short.

i just got army of two from ebay and i cant wait to play it... i've seen some trailers and gameplay on youtube and it looks to be the game im looking for.

Does any one else have any suggestions on good multiplayer game?

#9 Andy

Andy

Addicted Member

• Retired Moderators
  • 10,583 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:55 PM

Any of the call of Duty's, Halo, Gears of War 1 and 2, Resident Evil 5 is what comes to mind off the top of my head.

#10 tutle

tutle

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:04 AM

Any of the call of Duty's, Halo, Gears of War 1 and 2, Resident Evil 5 is what comes to mind off the top of my head.

I played Resident Evil in co-op with a friend of mine and i didnt really like the controls they are too slow... How am I supposed to hunt down zombies if i cant move fast?

#11 Andy

Andy

Addicted Member

• Retired Moderators
  • 10,583 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:00 AM

Resident Evil has never been a fast pasted game like that. If you want somethign fdast paced get Halo, Call of Duty, or Gears of War.

#12 tutle

tutle

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:09 PM

Resident Evil has never been a fast pasted game like that. If you want somethign fdast paced get Halo, Call of Duty, or Gears of War.

well i know that but im sure im not the only one to dislike the controls... even big resident evil fanatics dislike the controls you would think that someone would fix them by this installment

#13 Andy

Andy

Addicted Member

• Retired Moderators
  • 10,583 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:50 PM

Actually the controlls introduced in RE4 and used in RE5 were quite a big hit with most people. They do take some getting used to, but they are not bad by any means. Its just not a fast paced game and the controlls reflect this. While I agree with you that they are sluggish and there are better control schems out there. Wish Dead Space had an online component to it, that would have been awsome.

#14 MrBigz09

MrBigz09

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

ghostbusters hands down lots of fun to play .

#15 Minotaur

Minotaur

Husbandry Fanatic

• Members Plus
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Husbandry of animals, reptile/amphibian catching, bird-watching, bad action movies, and hiking/fishing/camping/etc.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

I agree with everything on Andy's list except RE5. Andy, your taste in games is phenomenal lol. I would say that the controls in Dead Space, though very similar to those in RE5, are superior in every possible way. I would really recommend Dead Space for your sci-fi horror fix Tutle.

I've played several of the Call of Duty games, and I thought only modern warfare was worth playing.

If you're looking for multiplayer games, you could try Halo 3 and Gears of War - I'm personally not a huge fan of Gears, and Halo bores me to tears UNLESS I'm playing co-op, then it's really fun. Usually if I want to do multiplayer I just pick up some trash game like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, which is a pretty lame game, but can be fun for goofing off on co-op. If you have two core systems and xbox live though, Call of Duty 4 is hands-down the best multiplayer experience you'll get - the online games are completely awesome.

#16 Res Owner

Res Owner

Normal Member

• Members Standard
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:1st the LORD then hunt fish and turtles

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

get any halo games they are beast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users