Photo

How well reliable is Turtle Source?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SliderAngels

SliderAngels

• Members Plus
  • 1,811 posts
  • Interests:Turtles, Turtle Breeding, Meeting turtle owners, Atlanta Braves Baseball, Having fun, 'Recent' Old School Videogames (PS2), and most of all, God the father, the son, and the holy spirit

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

Guys I know one website in the past for selling reptiles was not well reliable at all. I will not say it because everyone probably knows what it is, but how reliable and trustful is "turtle source"? I was surprised that they had pretty much every turtle you can think of having.

I am thinking about buying from them later in the future, but I have heard alot of comments from turtle source. I am not sure if I should buy from them, but if anyone now or in the past has bought from them, can you tell me more information I should know? I already know warnings about shipping but any other information is appreciated.

Thank you.

#2 Tammi

Tammi

• Members Standard
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Turtles, photography, graveyards

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:05 PM

What type of turtle are you looking to buy?

#3 Engagechad

Engagechad

Preferred Member

• Members Plus
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Science, Herps, Atheism, Metal, Bodybuilding, Coffee, Beer Advocacy

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:32 PM

I've heard some bad stuff about their stock of painted turtles but that is about it.

I bought a M. Map and a Northern red belly from them a year ago and the turtles are doing great. Marc Cantos runs the place and is very personable and helpful. Feel free to email him with questions, he will respond (timing is dependent on how busy they are) and give you good information.

I had a great experience with the shipping too, they came in a little box that said "live turtles" on it. each turtle was in a little container with holes in the top and sides with a paper towel in there to comfort. It came next day air just as ordered.

I say order with confidence.

#4 Northern Terrapins

Northern Terrapins

DBT Breeder

• Members Plus
  • 760 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:53 PM

Turtle source = Too expensive for my wallet.
There are many great breeders right here on this site that offer great turtles at great prices and will ship in insulated boxes with 42 hour heat packs and all.
Other than that i can say:
Bad experience = turtlesale.com, naturcoastexotics.com (bad packing and turtles arrived with a RI)
Good experience = turtlesandtortoises.com, exoticpets in vegas (great packing and turtles seem very healthy)

Edited by Jozzep, 01 October 2009 - 12:58 PM.

#5 gianoshoes

gianoshoes

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:58 PM

I agree about it being too expensive. I bought from them 5 months ago, had a good experience, they got back to me and answered my email questions, nice guy I talked to too. Two weeks after I got my southern painteds, I emailed them about a concern I had, but did not get a response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users