• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dardar52487

dardar52487

Normal Member

• Members Standard
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:52 AM

I saw a new banner on here for advertising a new website called turtleshack.com so I figued I would check it out. They have some nice turtles and a nice site but they seem a little overpriced(and I mean a lot over prices on many) I am wondering if anyone has used this site or have heard anything about it?

I also noticed a lot of the prices seem simialr and some pictures are even the same as turtlesale.com I know turtlesale is a joke and most likely the worst place ever to get turtles. Maybe since turtlesale was getting so much bad reviews and hate could they have made a new site to slowly try and sell more turtles on?

Any input would be appreciated and I would love to heard what other people think on this subject.

Mitch

#2 BoxTurtleLover

BoxTurtleLover

Addicted Member

• Moderator Team
  • 2,342 posts
  • Interests:My interest lies mainly with Eastern, Three-Toed and Gulf Coast Box Turtles, but love and appreciate all turtles and tortoises.

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:55 AM

I saw discussion about this on another forum. Apparently it is the same place and they are apparently trying to regroup under another name due to the bad rap of the former name. As with any advertising, check sources thoroughly before making a purchase...

#3 Northern Terrapins

Northern Terrapins

DBT Breeder

• Members Plus
  • 760 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:10 AM

It's a bad company that just got "plastic surgery" and got a new face :)
I'm surprised they would even allow such a company to advertise here, but i guess money is money and who cares where it comes from....Right?
For whatever reason i'm on their mailing list (probably from the one and only purchase i made with "the bad company") and they keep sending me emails about their offers. I just unscribed, and hopefully the emails will end. I checked the site out, and it looks just like the "other" one, but the turtles are priced twice if not 3 times more than any reputable online turtle dealer.
If you need a referral to a great dealer with great prices, healthy turtles and shipped properly, send me a pm.

#4 dardar52487

dardar52487

Normal Member

• Members Standard
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:09 PM

I always do my research before buying any turtle if I can. I have been keeping and buying turtles for many years and have a large collection as it. I just came across the site and didnt notice any information about it and havent found any so I figured I would start a topic thread for it. One of the biggest reasons I found the site was because I am currently looking for some Snow RES and they popped up on the search which shocked me since I never heard of them and having a random site have a rare color morph like that is very uncommon. There prices are very high on everything, you can purchase any turtle they have on there site for atleast half that, maybe even a quarter of what they have them marked. They just mainly caught me off guard because I was looking for some Snow RES along with other RES morphs and they happen to have one.

On another note does anyone know if some breeders or dealers of rare color morphs? I am looking for some that produce albinos or different species along with anything else but I can really find to much. I have found some on kingsnake and turtlesource but not to many other places.

Mitch

#5 dardar52487

dardar52487

Normal Member

• Members Standard
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:49 AM

I just randomly stumbled across some adds for different turtle breeders and sellers and guess what. Turtlesale.com had an add with their phone number and then right under their add was turtleshack.com and take a guuess?? Same phone number as turtlesale.com

So with that being said turtlesale and turtleshack are the same place so I would advise anyone thinking about buying form them to not, they send the wrong animals all the time and make excuess, double charge people, send dead or sick turtles, ect. I have not heard a single good thing about them so stay away.

Mitch

Here is the link by the way.

http://www.reptilech...-tortoises.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users