• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigdaddy

bigdaddy

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:53 PM

It's going to be my first online turtle purchase. I want to get a mississippi map turtle. Anyway, I stumbled upon this website called floridaherps.com on google and I wanted to know if they are any good. Anyone ordered from them before? What was your experience?

Thank you.

#2 bigdaddy

bigdaddy

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

I ordered from them on Sunday. They ship M-Th only and my package came in early morning on Tuesday. They only use FED-Ex and no UPS. It came all the way from Florida and I'm in California.

The turtle was in a little small plastic container with the lid shut closed but had plenty of holes around the container for it to breath. The outside of the container was wrapped around with newspaper. Everything was boxed in a small cardboard box protected with styrofoam. "PERISHABLE HANDLE WITH CARE" was also noted on the box.

Mind you that I just got it today. So far so good, the turtle looks young and healthy and basking on top of another turtle. I might get another different species from them probably next month.

#3 GibbsMO

GibbsMO

New User

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

I ordered from them on Sunday. They ship M-Th only and my package came in early morning on Tuesday. They only use FED-Ex and no UPS. It came all the way from Florida and I'm in California.

The turtle was in a little small plastic container with the lid shut closed but had plenty of holes around the container for it to breath. The outside of the container was wrapped around with newspaper. Everything was boxed in a small cardboard box protected with styrofoam. "PERISHABLE HANDLE WITH CARE" was also noted on the box.

Mind you that I just got it today. So far so good, the turtle looks young and healthy and basking on top of another turtle. I might get another different species from them probably next month.

Florida Herps is a reptile drop-shipping company! This means they don't have the animals on site, they just mark-up the price and have other companies ship for them. It's pathetic! Ask them for pictures of their different animals and see what excuse they give you. I'd stay away from them unless you like to gamble. Read the forums and you'll see all the horrible reviews. I ordered a ball python from them and it arrived with ticks!!! Horrible customer service too--very rude.

#4 BarryR

BarryR

Normal Member

• Members Standard
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

why would you buy a ball python from them?? You can go into any petstore/reptilestore and get them at the same price without the shipping, plus you get to hold the animal before you purchase it???

Oh, and I could care less about the OP question. I have never used and will never use that company. I am not endorsing any company, just asking a silly question.

Edited by BarryR, 06 October 2011 - 07:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users