okay or not?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jenn192

jenn192

• Members Standard
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

This fall I'll be going away to college but coming home on weekends. No pets are allowed in dorms. I *think* I can teach my mom how to feed my RES [:roll] but I have a feeling she'll forget to do it. He's still young, about 3" long. I can put feeder fish in there with him but he catches them FAST. Would he be okay only being fed on weekends when I'm home, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? Or is that not enough?

Edited by jenn192, 06 February 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#2 Pi's_Human

Pi's_Human

Should vegetarians eat animal crackers?

• Members Plus
  • 773 posts
  • Interests:Jazzy, my seven year old RES, and always working to improve her quality of living.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

At three inches I think that might be a stretch, he should probably eat every other day at a minimum. Putting feeder fish in the tank is a good idea, if you were to do that (and replenish the supply weekly) he might be okay only being fed on weekends - but be careful he doesn't get too much animal protein in his diet. Another thing you can do is get an automatic feeder from your local pet shop. I'm not sure off the top of my head how often they dispense food, or how much (I've never used one) but I have heard of other people using them and taping off some of the holes so it doesn't dispense quite so much food. This might be something worth investigating.

Good luck, and do keep us posted.

#3 turtlemann2

turtlemann2

Normal Member

• Members Plus
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:My Wife My Friends My Pets, Hunting Fishing Camping Hiking & Football

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

it could work but i would at least make your mom feed her once maybe wednesday you could call her every week on wed and not only remind her to feed your turtle but also to tell her how your week was my mother really liked at least a weekly call when i was in college : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users