• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Parkeri1313

Parkeri1313

Preferred Member

• Members Plus
  • 750 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

Ongoing issue with Nate of Swanee's Exotics or Seattle Reptiles. It's been weeks and I haven't received my order from Nate. Looks like trouble. Quite frustrating. I've contacted him numerous times at his multiple email addresses (listed below) to try to see what's the problem. He only responds occasionally and I'm wondering if I'll ever get my shipment.

Nate (last name unknown)

Seattle Reptiles or Swanee's Exotics

2912 Hewitt Ave.

Everett, WA 98201

ph: 1(887)993-7647

ph: (425)388-0100

e: nate@seattlereptiles.com

e: natimus56@yahoo.com

Week 1 (Jan 8 to Jan 14):
Jan 13 - Nate received payment, I expected shipment ...

ship on Tuesday Jan. 17 for a Wednesday Jan. 18 arrival

Week 2 (Jan 15 to Jan 21):
Jan 18 - I contacted Nate and asked him what's the deal
Jan 19 - He contacted me to tell me the weather was "to icy" to ship. (I assumed he would then ship out the next week)

Week 3 (Jan 22 to Jan 28):
various times - I contacted Nate and asked him what's the deal ... NO RESPONSE from NATE

Week 4 (Jan 29 to Feb 4):
Jan 29 - I contacted Nate and asked him what's the deal
Jan 29 - Nate told me he "

sorry man, not rippping you off, I'll get you taken care of this week...sorry for the delay

"
Feb 2 - I contacted Nate and asked him what's the deal ... NO RESPONSE from NATE
Feb 3 - I contacted Nate and asked him what's the deal
Feb 3 - Nate said "next week, I will email you before...sorry"

Now were current and I'll wait and see what (if anything) happens next week.

I will be contacting Nate in a few seconds to let him know this post exists and to see if he would like to respond or give his side.

#2 Parkeri1313

Parkeri1313

Preferred Member

• Members Plus
  • 750 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

here we are in late March and still no turtles. sux!

#3 Parkeri1313

Parkeri1313

Preferred Member

• Members Plus
  • 750 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

Update:

Nate emailed me on 6/20 telling me he's still trying to get my turtles. What a mess!

Nate of Swanee's currently has several ads on kingsnake.com in the box turtle section.

#4 BoxTurtleLover

BoxTurtleLover

Addicted Member

• Moderator Team
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:My interest lies mainly with Eastern, Three-Toed and Gulf Coast Box Turtles, but love and appreciate all turtles and tortoises.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

This is the place that got many people upset not too long ago where they were displaying photographs of box turtles for sale in various forums and elsewhere in ads and those boxies were sitting on cat litter. An internet search will reveal that many people have indicated that they obtain wild caught boxies from SC sources for sale.

#5 ElsaV

ElsaV

New User

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

Have been to this place a few times & found it underwhelming. It's dark and smells and the animals are kept in very small and dirty containers. The staff knows very little about most of the animals and mostly brokers what other, arguably more intelligent, breeders are breeding. I have been raising reptiles all of my life and on several occasions they have made statements about the size/lifespan/etc of the various animals to me that were just blatantly false. While it is unclear to me whether they just don't know anything about the animals they sell or they intentionally lie, I would steer clear of these people. Their animals appear sick and are not well cared for and that does not bode well for any animals that your purchase from these people, not to mention, they offer no guarantees. There are plenty of reputable reptile and amphibian breeders out there - I would not recommend keeping these people in business by supporting them. Also, when challenged re some of their misinformation, they were just jerks to me. Hence, the rude tone of this review. People that don't care about animals and just want to make a living abusing them seriously irritate me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users