• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Avocado034

Avocado034

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

I have two juvenile redfoot tortoises, approximately 4 years old each. Maybe 6 inches long. I want to build them a indoor enclosure that will last the next few years. But, I have a few requirements. I am a single female and don't want a super-cumbersome heavy, awkward, wood tortoise table. Ideally, I need something that is....

- lightweight
- can be taken apart (live in an upstairs apartment, and will move eventually, not final residence)
- removeable bottom?? (something easy to clean, so I don't have to take whole cage outside/apart to clean

I know sides have to be dark (not wire/glass) so that limits the materials, but does anyone have any ideas? Also, they have a good outdoor enclosure, and I need to limit the indoor to about 2 or 3 ft wide to about 6 feet long. I know not ideal, but they get outside, and that is MS is NOT allowed on TT requirement.

I know plans online, but super cumbersome, heavy, and I don't have room to construct. Will have to construct outside, get up flight of stairs, fit through the door, and in my smallish space avaliable for them.

Creative ideas a must!!

Thanks in advance.

#2 craig268

craig268

Normal Member

• Members Standard
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

I have yellowfoots and redfoots. You could use large plastic storage containers like Rubbermaids. They're light weight, dark sided, easy to clean. You could use one for each to give them each more room. Or you could probably get 2 or 3 and connect them together.

Craig

#3 Turtles

Turtles

Cavalry Scout

• Members Plus
  • 617 posts
  • Interests:turtles, playing bass, Hunting, military, firearms

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

x-mas tree rubbermaid container

#4 center5150

center5150

Normal Member

• Members Plus
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

A kiddoe wading pool work too, the hardish plastic kind i do.t know for sure but id assume a tort could pop an inflatable one, be an interesting experiment though be the ultimate weight to size ratio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users