• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Baller77

Baller77

Preferred Member

• Members Plus
  • 609 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Just wanted to know if anybody on this forum uses a holiday tree storage container for their setup and if they use a stand for it

#2 CLAWS

CLAWS

The "Filter Man"

• Members Plus
  • 6,466 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, Fishing, Photography, Plant (canna lilly) hybridizer, Turtle equip research, and Turtles.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

Yes, many use them or have used them including myself. Try to pick out a sturdy one because they tend to belly-out if you fill them 1/2 way or more. It's wise to build a support across the top in the middle to prevent the plastic sides of the container from bellying out too far and failing. It's best too keep them on the floor, so you will need the fill the canister filter, if you use one, and the entire inlet hose with water before starting. They make very nice inexpensive starter to intermediate tanks for your turtles.

#3 BoxieLuvr4

BoxieLuvr4

• Members Standard
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Camping, fishing, animal care, baking dog treats.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

I have some rubbermaid tubs that I use for my hatchlings and juvies. Right now I have a turtle table for my adults that I'm planning on adding to it. I'd like to make it a 2 story turtle table...who knows...maybe even 3 stories! LOL

#4 Baller77

Baller77

Preferred Member

• Members Plus
  • 609 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hi. Do you know how many gallons is a holiday tree storage container?

#5 TerryO

TerryO

Preferred Member

• Members Plus
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:Ponds, water turtles, Cherry head tortoise, gardening, boxies, chihuahua's and yorkies
  • Last Blog Entry:

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

I use them all the time. I think they are fantastic for small turtles. I put my little Cherry Head in them to get some outside sun. Also use them for smaller box turtles that can't go in with the big kids yet. They have so many uses.
my little Cherry head
Posted Image

Posted Image

This is set up for a little RES that was rescued and couldn't swim because he never grew and was in a little plastic tank for 9 years.
Posted Image

#6 Baller77

Baller77

Preferred Member

• Members Plus
  • 609 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

I see that you use them outdoors. How do you protect your turtles from predators.

#7 Baller77

Baller77

Preferred Member

• Members Plus
  • 609 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Do you use them indoors as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users