• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jayteexoxo

jayteexoxo

New User

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

One of my moms co-workers had a neighbor who had passed away not too long ago. Her co-worker had found this turtle in their house and took it to take care of it. She did not take care of it well enough and kept it in clay sand, which gave it that red color. She was talking about the turtle and how she didnt want it anymore to my mom so my mom said we could take it. This is how we received the turtle last night ): i can not take it to the vet because for one, we dont have the money for a vet bill, and also i live in the US and i guess these are illegal here. i need help asap to save this poor turtle! please help!
IMG951333.jpg

securedownload.jpeg

#2 BoxTurtleLover

BoxTurtleLover

Addicted Member

• Moderator Team
  • 2,388 posts
  • Interests:My interest lies mainly with Eastern, Three-Toed and Gulf Coast Box Turtles, but love and appreciate all turtles and tortoises.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

It's hard to determine what type of turtle/tortoise it is. A photo of its plastron (bottom shell) would really help. Unfortunately I must say from what I can see in those photos is that this turtle needs immediate vet attention as it appears to be suffering from several issues, one of which can be serious (the turtle appears swollen/bloated in the bottom photo). The red staining is probably from dye in the sand or substrate it was kept on/dug in. This turtle really has had a long period of bad environment, food and care.

More photos would help and I would suggest getting this turtle checked by a reptile vet immediately.

#3 Turtlegirl377

Turtlegirl377

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

Please take the little guy to a vet, he does not look good at all! Or maybe if you cant afford the vet bill you could hand him in to the humane society?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swollen, discolored, sick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users