• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 raistlin427

raistlin427

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

I have a young razorback (less than 1 year) and he was doing fine. I added a few rosies into his tank and then he became really timid and didn't swim or play as much. Since then I took the rosies out and put them into a different tank. It's be two weeks and he still doesn't really come out and he seems scared of me now, when before he wasn't. Should I be worried? Is there anything I can do?

#2 CLAWS

CLAWS

The "Filter Man"

• Members Plus
  • 6,466 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, Fishing, Photography, Plant (canna lilly) hybridizer, Turtle equip research, and Turtles.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

Generally, razorback musks are shy, more so than the common musk turtle. Now he is probably on high alert after seeing those red devels swimming in his tank. Try to interact with him a little more. I had a common and razorback musk and I would always take the little guys out of the tank and have them walk all over me while watching tv. They would climb in my shirt and pockets and rest there. After a while your turtle should come around. Just give him some time. Take him out for a 10 minute walk in the back yard on a nice sunny day. My turtles always loved it. I always carried my turtles flat handed or in a small container. A lot of turtles don't like to feel the pressure on the sides of their shell, it's unnatural whereas pressure on the plastron is normal when basking or walking about. Maybe try to hand feed him a small wiggly worm. Good luck with your little friend, there one of my favorite turtles.

Edited by CLAWS, 11 May 2012 - 10:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users