• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TurtleTamer

TurtleTamer

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

Juggernaut is an approx 6 year old (based on what the previous owner told me) Pelusios and he tried to eat Mojo's penis again, so I'm thinking of adopting him out. He's been kept with two YBSs and it doesn't seem right anymore as they would not encounter each other in the wild nor live in the same conditions. I don't feel I'm taking the care of him I should, and housing him with the others has caused harm to little Mojo. I'm setting him up a seperate tank for the meantime but I don't feel it's responsible for me to keep him.

He's about 5" long and eats anything you give him. I feed pellets, worms, grapes, guppies and cooked lean meats (on occasion). He isn't aggressive other than mistaking Mojo's privates for food but I don't think it would be good to keep him with other breeds. He has mounted Mystique, who's a YBS, so he's sexually active and mature if you want to try to breed him.

He has some pitting on his shell from what looks like either some old shell rot or maybe even a dog bite but there is no sign of any current medical conditions.

He was a little shy at first and still doesn't enjoy quick movements in the tank but otherwise comes out and is very curious. He's tame to handle and after the first couple of weeks he became very active and lively. He has the charactoristic ASN "smile" and I do hate to see him go.

He doesn't come with anything and is free of charge. I will not ship, but can meet people in the greater Hampton Roads area and would consider anyone in Williamsburg, Richmond, and I-95 corridor up to Manassas. If you are from Maryland or DC and it's legal to keep him there you can come down and meet me in one of the latter places. I have family up there so we can meet on a visit.

This isn't one of those "moving-need-gone-now emergencies" so he may be with me a while yet, but his new setup won't be as good as his last. PM me if interested.

#2 TurtleTamer

TurtleTamer

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

Rehomed last week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users