• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tye&TinaTurtle

Tye&TinaTurtle

New User

• Members Standard
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

Hi! Im new here, and feeling desperate. I have two aquatic turtles, one is a red eared slider and the other a yellow bellied slider. My yellow bellied slider reciently had some shell rot, which I treated and her shell and skin seems to be in great shape and has been for a few months. Unfortunatly my red eared slider has started to show signs of some damaged skin.. I ignored it when my daughter pointed it out thinking he had just fell on his shell wrong while outside basking. Tonight she pointed out to me that he has brown almost blistery looking spots. I pulled him out and its not only along his jaw line, but a little further back on his neck and on his hind knees and front under legs. I put some antibiotic ointment on him hoping it would help until I figure out what in the heck is going on!? I can not find ANYWHERE on the web where such marks are discribed. His shell seems to be in good shape.. I'm hoping to figure it out without a vet bill... So I thought I'd try here before making an appt. I should also mention he seems to be acting fine... the one thing I have noticed is him basking a little more then usual.. IDK how old he is, we have had him a year. His shell is about 12 inches from front to back... IDK if that helps any. THank you in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users