• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 danator

danator

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

We have to move and, sadly, that means we have to adopt out our spunky RES. We can include her 90 gal tank, filter, water heater, basking and UVA/UVB lamps, platform and any filter media, bulbs and food we have left. Edamame is a healthy, beautiful, sassy female who does not lay eggs - she is sterile. (So, no need to worry about a nesting box or egg impaction!) She's not a cuddler, and though she does like to interact from in the water, she is not the begging type. She is, however, very good at staring contests with the cats (we think they are plotting something together.) We'd be happy if someone who knows about keeping RES could take her in, a even a sanctuary or a school/educational program. We will miss her, but we're sure her personality could entertain and fascinate another family. Please contact me if you have any interest or suggestions! Many thanks!

#2 Dora_Stewie

Dora_Stewie

New User

• Members Standard
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hi there,
I am also looking for a family to adopt my 2 RES so I have done some research about it. Since you are located in NYC I just want to warn you that in one forum -NOT IN THIS CITE- but in another (unfortunately I do not remember which one) there is one guy in NYC that replies to almost every post of people looking to give out their RES. It is very suspicious to me that one guy living in an apartment in NYC is sooo willing to take sooo many RES saying the same phrase of "I have space for one more RES" Please be careful and good luck finding a good home for Edamame.

#3 RicNY

RicNY

New User

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Hello I am in westchester . Are you still looking to find a home for your turtles?
Ric

#4 Skunked

Skunked

Normal Member

• Members Plus
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Good luck finding a home for your turtle!

I am VERY curious about how she is sterile and wont lay eggs anymore... Was this a procedure you had done @ the vets?.... I'm intrigued!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RES, red eared slider, tank, fluval, filter, free, adoption

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users