Photo
- - - - -

My YBS seems to be losing his life. He doesn't eat, doesn't swim, has no energy...

YBS yellow bellied slider lethargic no energy

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 myra17

myra17

New User

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

Hello,

I have 2 Yellow Bellied Slider Turtles. They are both 3 months old. However, the size difference is very apparent. One of the turtles have out grown the other. He is 2 sizes bigger than the smaller one. For the past 2 weeks, the smaller turtle have lost all of his personality. Initially is was very active and curious. He was always swimming around and exploring things. But, now, he is lifeless. He hasn't eaten in almost 2 weeks! He doesn't really stay in the water anymore, he's always on his basking dock staring at the wallpaper. He moves very slowly. Sometimes, I will place him in the water and try to feed him but he floats for a bit and them swims back to the basking dock! (it's heart breaking).

On the otherhand, the bigger turtle, is full of life. He eats, swims, explore, he has loads of energy. I am very concerned because I fear that soon the smaller turtle will not be with us any longer and that will be heart breaking. I can almost see his life disappearing. His eyes don't open as wide as they used to and when I compared his eyes to the bigger turtle, they just don't compare to the wideness of the bigger one.

However, when I take him outside, he explores, and he is full of life! But when he goes back to the water, he's so lethargic,
As far as the vets, it's really difficult to find a vet for turtles but we're still trying.

I posted these videos on youtube that also explains what's going on and shows what I'm talking about. Please check it out and if anyone has any ideas, please share.

Thank You!!!

Links to videos:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: YBS, yellow bellied slider, lethargic, no energy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users