• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Carol Soner

Carol Soner

New User

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

I have two long neck turtles that are about 25cm in diameter and my little guy has not eaten in the last week :( they get 4 squares of bloodworm each every 3rd day. they have uv and heat lighting and basking area to hop out of the water and dry. their filtered pond is 2m x 1m. we have recently moved and i am currently overseas and and my mum is helping me look after them until i am home next week. she is saying that they are a little jumpy when she goes into the garage to feed them and they are trying to hide in the corners of the pond. we have recently moved... the turtles are in a pond in the garage (they have always been indoors) same size and conditions as their last pond. They have always been easy to look after and im really worried :( please help

#2 animal kingdom2

animal kingdom2

• Members Plus
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

If there are any changes through the move, they could just be stressed out due to even minor differences. Temperatures (air and water), shadows, even the type of water (I am on well-water, very hard and different than water in town - makes a difference in the shells and calcium deposits in ponds). If everything in the habitat appears to be OK, then it may be that they are not used to your Mom's voice yet. ;-) If you were the one to feed them all the time, then they learned to associate your voice with them getting fed. They should settle in soon if it is just a stress reaction due to the move. If other health issues appear, then they should be taken to a vet for diagnosis.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: not, eating

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users