less activity legs pulled in

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 terrepene

terrepene

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Very devoted to my one and only female Ornate box turtle Avi. My husband and I also like gardening, running, cooking, and the arts.

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

For the past two days, my box turtle Avi has been much less active. She has stayed sitting in the warm spot in the shaded part of her pen with her legs pulled in. She is still eating well. Ate wax worms with vitamins today and carrots yesterday. It's quite humid but the temperatures have been moderate (80-85 in the day, 65-70 at night). Her eyes look good. Breathing seems normal, perhaps a bit more labored that normal (but I might be imagining things).

I've got a herp vet appointment for a check up and beak trim (it's been 15 years) on August 11. I'm going out of a town tomorrow and a friend is coming to change her water and feed her.

Any thoughts on what might be going on or anything I can ask my friend to do while I am gone for 4 days?

Thanks!

PS Here's the story of my turtle here with pics:
http://www.turtletim...oncern-species/

#2 terrepene

terrepene

Starting Member

• Members Standard
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Very devoted to my one and only female Ornate box turtle Avi. My husband and I also like gardening, running, cooking, and the arts.

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

We decided to board her at a herp vet just to be absolutely certain!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users