Cache Valley Bee Removal

Photo
- - - - -

Turtle Food

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: What brand of food do you feed your turtle the most? (47 member(s) have cast votes)

What brand of food do you feed your turtle the most?

1. Mazuri (28 votes [4.67%])

Percentage of vote: 4.67%

2. Reptomin (309 votes [51.59%])

Percentage of vote: 51.59%

3. Zoo Med (56 votes [9.35%])

Percentage of vote: 9.35%

4. Rep-Cal (26 votes [4.34%])

Percentage of vote: 4.34%

5. T-Rex (16 votes [2.67%])

Percentage of vote: 2.67%

6. Nutrafin (33 votes [5.51%])

Percentage of vote: 5.51%

7. Fresh Foods Only (84 votes [14.02%])

Percentage of vote: 14.02%

8. Other (please specify in post) (47 votes [7.85%])

Percentage of vote: 7.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TurtleCrazed

TurtleCrazed

Retied Moderator

• Retired Moderators
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 08:48 AM

What brand of food do you feed your turtle the most?

#2 Andy's Auto

Andy's Auto

One Defenseless Avatar

• Retired Moderators
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 09:00 AM

I voted for Mazuri.I go through 200 pounds of it a year.

#3 dancer

dancer

Addicted Member

• Members
  • 2,974 posts
  • Interests:My zoo..... I also love anything to do with my native american culture, I'm a drum keeper for a women's drum. We sing at powwows,colleges and schools. Teaching all about our culture.I'm also a jingle dancer and womens traditonal buckskin. I also love the outdoors and reading..<br /><br />after being alone for 6 1/2 yrs...I'm now residing in arizona with my fiance' Jeff and his three sons.

Posted 04 July 2003 - 09:11 AM

Andy,I was given some wardleys is it ok to use it??They gave me three unopened containers.Most of the time I use the reptomin.where would i order the mazuri from??[^]

#4 Jay

Jay

• Members
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 09:43 AM

other than reptomin, i've used two other pellets from Sera and Nutrafin. the sera pellets seems good, with a ** variety of ingredients and vit/mineral supplement.

#5 Andy's Auto

Andy's Auto

One Defenseless Avatar

• Retired Moderators
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 10:56 AM

Dancer,theres nothing wrong with Wardleys as long as they eat it.I just cant afford to feed 400 turtles anything i cant buy in bulk.

#6 dancer

dancer

Addicted Member

• Members
  • 2,974 posts
  • Interests:My zoo..... I also love anything to do with my native american culture, I'm a drum keeper for a women's drum. We sing at powwows,colleges and schools. Teaching all about our culture.I'm also a jingle dancer and womens traditonal buckskin. I also love the outdoors and reading..<br /><br />after being alone for 6 1/2 yrs...I'm now residing in arizona with my fiance' Jeff and his three sons.

Posted 04 July 2003 - 11:03 AM

yup they eat it and love it....the little guy is reptomin baby..man is he a chow hound.I'm not sure how much I should be feeding him..But I feed AM and PM about 5 sticks at a time.Then I toss in romaine and other things..

#7 panda_go_panda

panda_go_panda

Forum Conversion Survivor

• Members Standard
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 11:07 AM

All three of my turtles love ReptoMin, but I've also fed them Hikari Turtle Sticks and sometimes Finnegan will eat the T-Rex Aquatic Turtle Dry Formula. [icon_smile.gif

#8 Catherine

Catherine

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • Interests:I am Irish Canadian, born in NF, land of snow and ice! LOL, not really, but it is pretty cold. I am currently living in NB, and just graduated from St Thomas University. I plan to return and get my education degree.

Posted 04 July 2003 - 11:20 AM

I use the Nutrafin pellets, plus an assortment of other snackies for the little girl.

Catherine

#9 Boxiebreeder

Boxiebreeder

Addicted Member

• Members
  • 2,428 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in herpatology. I am a martial arts practitioner. I am into graphic design. And I am debating an aqautic turtle.

Posted 04 July 2003 - 07:35 PM

Other: Worms

#10 Irene S

Irene S

Dispenser of Reptomin

• Members Standard
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 07:37 PM

REPTOMIN.lHands (webbed feet?) down the winner in my house!

#11 Irishcutie67

Irishcutie67

Normal Member

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 04:33 AM

i seldom feed my RES turtle food but when i do he likes reptomin!

but i was wondering, it there any way to "trick" a turtle into eating vegetables? my Big Al won't eat 'em! he likes carrots but that's about it. i know this is an important part of his diet but he eats mostly fresh fish and worms w/ vitamin drops. his recent vet check-up said he's perfectly healthy and the vet said if he won't eat vegetables then don't worry about it. but i'm still wondering...any ideas? thanks!!

#12 Sky

Sky

Normal Member

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:23 AM

My turtles eat Reptomin and won't touch Zoo Med. Also they won't eat Romaine. Went to my daughters this week and she had baby Romaine in the frig. It is purple in color and they loved it.

#13 Tyler M.

Tyler M.

• Global Moderators
  • 2,371 posts
  • Interests:I grew interested in turtles when I was a kid living close to the everglades. I have kept turtles ever since.
    I work with computers, and enjoy the simplicity and purpose my turtles bring in a life that is all too much haste!

Posted 20 July 2003 - 12:50 AM

I reset the poll, and added a couple of the mentioned brands. I like RepCal for my torts, they are more fruity and redfoots and box turtles like them...

Anyway this is a good poll, so I made it a main poll.

#14 turtlejoy

turtlejoy

Preferred Member

• Members
  • 822 posts
  • Interests:have been interested in turtles ever since my father's fishing trips when I was a little girl in New England...sometimes while fishing, he would also net a turtle...

Posted 20 July 2003 - 03:02 AM

[icon_smile_big.gif My turts are definitely "ReptoMin junkies" !!! [icon_smile_wink.gif

#15 Millam

Millam

• Members
  • 1,759 posts
  • Interests:Swing dancing, Video games, movies, Herps, Veterinary Medicine....

Posted 20 July 2003 - 03:42 AM

Reptomin mainly I guess, but also Wardley's... and some other brand name I can't remember for the life of me. Also greens lots of greens. What can I say I spoil my guys and gals!

#16 la tortue

la tortue

The Iron Chef of New England

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy raising my current &quot;zoo&quot;, one cranky RES, one Greek tortoise, and one basset hound. I recently finished culinary school, and plan on starting my own catering business someday.

Posted 20 July 2003 - 07:48 AM

I voted for Repto Min, but truth is we feed a variety to our RES. ReptoMin (she esp. likes NutraFin), mealworms and crickets, freez dried krill as a treat, crickets, and greens. And her FAVE treat, ReptoTreat suprema. A little fatty, so she doesn't get it often.

As for our Greek tortoise, there's only one commercial food he loves, which is T-Rex tortoise formula. I supplement his greens and veggies with this. I'd love to try Mazuri, but impossible to find in our area. I may try to mail order some to see if he likes it.

#17 el tortuga

el tortuga

Addicted Member

• Members
  • 4,399 posts
  • Interests:Fine art Metalsmithing, reading, turtles.

Posted 20 July 2003 - 10:33 PM

I use Reptomin, TRex and ZooMed plus Purina Trout Chow for dry foods. I don't feed dry foods to my tortoise and box turtles. It has always seemed to expensive considering how much tortoise eat and my boxies just don't eat it.

#18 EasternPaintedTurtle

EasternPaintedTurtle

Normal Member

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 02:42 AM

Reptomin[^]

#19 Bulgarian RES

Bulgarian RES

Normal Member

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Turtles, puppies, turtles, rugby, turtles, softball, turtles playing softball, tutrles playing rugby,

Posted 21 July 2003 - 04:32 AM

Living in Bulgaria, Sparky has to make due with Vitakraft Turtle Pellets and Vitakraft Turtle Gammare. Looking forward to bringing her other varieties when I go to the states again.

#20 blondie555

blondie555

Starting Member

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 10:40 AM

Irishcutie67- To get my ornate box turtle to eat veggies, I dice them really small and mix them up with small meal worms- that way when he goes to eat a mealie, he gets veggies too; even if it is by mistake. Not sure how well this would work with a RES.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users