30 Gallon Fish Tank Setup Guide
30 Gallon Fish Tank Setup guide. A 30-gallon aquarium is the perfect solution for an aquarium that will fit easily in your living area and create a focal piece at the same.
This is the perfect size for most fish keepers. It provides plenty of space for beautiful fish, and allows you to gain lots of experience.
It is a great way to keep the same fish that you see in large professional tanks. You can keep Cichlids and many other species.
Continue reading to learn about stocking ideas, equipment and design inspiration.
This volume of aquariums allows for an amazing combination of plants and species. The aquariums can be used to house a variety of fish, reptiles and even plants. They can also serve as a paludarium. Fish, crabs and shrimps are all able to live in the aquarium without having to fight for territory.
Its size and dimensions make it ideal for beginners who want to move on to larger tanks.
The right equipment will make your role in maintaining the aquarium minimal. Most well-known brands have a wide range of tools that can help you maintain your aquarium.
You can choose between many different designs. Some 30-gallon tanks may have wooden parts or a metallic hood slide.
Many models are designed to appeal to all budgets. You can find an aquarium that is suitable for you, whether you want to spend less or more.
There are different versions of the 30-gallon aquarium, including breeding, wide, and high tanks. The primary difference between each tank is its size and purpose.
30 Gallon Fish Tank Dimensions
A standard 30-gallon aquarium will measure 36 1/4″ x 12 5/8″ x 16 3/4″.
The variations described above would either have a height or length that is different, but the width will usually remain the same.
30 Gallon Aquarium Equipment
It is important to choose the right equipment for an aquarium. These equipment pieces provide enough nutrients, set up cycling, and maintain the desired temperature. They are the foundation of all life in your aquarium.
You have slim chances of having an aquarium that thrives without quality equipment.
Water Temperature is controlled by several factors in nature, including direct insolation and cooling. It is up to you, however, to replicate this highly efficient system in your aquarium.
You can do this by using a tank heating.
A 30 gallon aquarium doesn’t need a heater with a high power. The medium-powered heater will do the job just fine, but there are a few additional features to consider.
It is possible to get a heater that can be adjusted or automatic. This is useful for species which require a slightly varying temperature regime.
In nature, water is constantly mixed by various physical processes such as winds and tides. Filtration is important in closed systems, such as fish tanks. It keeps the water aerated with nutrients.
Filters are essential for any aquarium. They not only help maintain a dynamic atmosphere in the tank, but also redistribute nutrient across the water column.
Any type of filter can be used (external , internal or substrate), as long as the pump can handle enough water. It is important to keep this in mind when selecting a filter. The volume of water that is pumped in a given time period (e.g. It is usually expressed in gallons per minute.
For more information, please read here.
The light is another important factor for aquatic animals. The lighting can affect fish health and behavior in many ways.
Aquatic plants are also dependent on light. Aquatic plants are also dependent on sunlight to grow and develop.
You will need an Aquarium Lamp to recreate this.
The lamps are small and won’t take much space, but they will make a big difference to your setup. You can also place the aquarium farther away from the window to prevent excessive algae growth . This makes maintenance easier.
There are other items you may want to consider besides the essentials mentioned above
You can, for example, use an aquarium stand in order to increase the stability of the aquarium and make it more attractive.
You may want to consider an aquarium hood, or even a simple lid. This will help keep your fish in the tank, and regulate the temperature.
A gravel vacuum will make the job of cleaning your substrate much easier. Aquarium Pump is another useful piece of equipment that will help mix the water and improve the performance of the filter.
A community aquarium is one of the best options. It allows you to create an ecosystem of beautiful plants, fish and decorations.
You should avoid aggressive behavior in this size tank. Fish in community tanks tend to be small and peaceful. However, you can have semi-aggressive species as long as they are kept with fish of a similar temperament.
A community tank might include six Cherry Barbs a Pearl Gourami and a Bristlenose Pleco.
A good option would be to set up a tank that is only for a single species, with either a school of fish or a pair large and beautiful fish. You don’t have to worry about compatibility with a species-only aquarium.
You can create unique installations, or recreate natural landscapes, in a tank that is only for one species.
scarlet badis fish are a great option for a tank that is only one species. They have interesting personalities and add color to your tank.
Paludarium can be a great option for a 30 gallon tank. It is a hybrid of an aquarium and terrarium, combining both terrestrial plants/animals with aquatic ones.
The main focus of the paludarium would be plants, but you could arrange it so that you have a lake-like effect with a slope rising out of the water. You can choose to get an amphibian, or you can make more room for fish. This will give your tank a unique appearance.
This article will provide you with information on the best 20 gallon long aquariums, including stocking ideas, equipment and more.
Coralife Size 32 BioCube Deluxe Reef Aquarium Bundle NO Stand (13 Items)
|led lighting,protein skimmer
- The Deluxe Reef Aquarium Bundle includes 13 essential products to help you get started with your Coralife Size32 LED BioCube Aquarium. You will also receive the following items: a NEW Style BioCube protein Skimmer with Needle Wheel, a Coralife Digital Aquarium thermometer, CaribSea Seafloor special grade reef sand, 12 pounds, and Two Little Fishies AccuraSea 1, 30 gallons. (We only include six of the five-gallon packets).
- Included are also: Black Styrene Egg Crate (15″), Two Little Fishies Aquastik Aquarium Epoxy Putty, Red, 2 oz, BioCube Algae Cleaning Magnet, MarineAndReef Reefractometer, Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7 250 ml, and PhosGuard, 100 ml, bagged. Inland Seas 6oz Activated carbon; Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Reef Master Test kit; Two Little Fishies Aquastik Aquarium Putty, Blue, 2oz; BioCube Algae Cleaner Magnet; MarineAndReef Reefractometer, Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7250 ml and PhosGuard 100ml bagged.
- Coralife’s Size 32 LED BioCube aquarium features timer and LED lighting, bringing it up to the level of an all-inclusive tank. The compact and adjustable filtration chamber features a hinged-top canopy, a quiet submersible motor, dual intakes and an adjustable return nozzle. It also has a clear back glass panel that makes it easy to set up the refugium. This is an upgrade from the previous skimmer which used airstones and air pumps. The Skimmer is perfect for any aquarium.
- Carbon, PhosGuard, and MicroBacter all work together to maintain pristine water. MarineAndReef’s Reefractometer will ensure that the salt included is the right salinity. Reef Master Test Kit measures your levels. Build your structure using Epoxy and Egg Crate (rocks not included). We’ve also included a Thermometer and the perfect amount of Reef Sand, as well as an Algae Cleaning magnet.
- You will find that these 13 items are all you require to create a BioCube. (Except, of course for the fish, coral and water). Contact us if you want help choosing products for your BioCube. You don’t have to worry if you aren’t sure about how to properly use these products. A simple guide is included.
The Deluxe Reef Aquarium Bundle includes 13 essential products to help you get started with your Coralife Size32 LED BioCube Aquarium. You will also receive the following items: a NEW Style BioCube protein Skimmer V2 w/Needle Wheel, Coralife Digital Aquarium thermometer, CaribSea Seafloor special grade reef sand, 12 pounds, and Two Little Fishies AccuraSea 1, 30 gallons. (We only include six of the five-gallon packets). Included is also: Black Styrene Egg Crate (15″) MarineAndReef Reefractometer, Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7, 250 ml and PhosGuard 100 ml are also included. Coralife’s Size 32 LED BioCube aquarium features timer and LED lighting, bringing it up to the level of an all-inclusive tank. The compact and adjustable filtration chamber features a hinged-top canopy, a quiet submersible motor, dual intakes and an adjustable return nozzle. It also has a clear back glass panel that makes it easy to set up the refugium. Coralife BioCube New Style Protein Skimmer V2 w/Needle Wheel replaces the older skimmer which used airstones and air pumps. The Skimmer is designed to fit perfectly into the BioCube’s back chamber. Carbon, PhosGuard, and MicroBacter all work to maintain pristine water. MarineAndReef reef ensures that the salt included is the right salinity. Reef Master Test Kit allows you to measure your level. Build your structure using Epoxy and Egg Crate (rocks not included). We’ve also included a Thermometer and the perfect amount of Reef Sand, as well as an Algae Cleaning magnet. These 13 items will give you the majority of what you require to create an incredible BioCube. (Except, of course for corals, fish and water). Contact us if you want help choosing products for your BioCube. If you are unsure of how to utilize all the
Biocube LED Tanks and Combo Kits (32 Gallon Tank/Stand Kit)
About this item
- Authorized Retailer w/ Full Manufacturer’s Warranty: 32 Gallon Biocube, Biocube Stand, Biocube Hydrometer and Biocube Algae Magnet
- Sleek modern hood with vibrant LED lighting for freshwater to saltwater environments
- Integrated 24-hour timer with three independent channels: bright white, sparkling blue and color enhancing LEDs
- Automatic 30 minute sunrise/sunset and 60 minute moonrise/moonset functions to replicate natural day cycle
- Compact and customizable built-in filtration – easy to setup and maintain
The integrated 24-hour timer makes it easy to control the three independent channels: Bright white, sparkling blue and color enhancing LEDs for maximum beauty. Each BioCube also includes automatic 30 minute sunrise/sunset and 60 minute moonrise/moonset functions to replicate a natural day/night cycle. BioCubes are a great starter aquarium because they feature a compact and customizable filtration chamber that is already built-in to the back of the aquarium. Among other great features are the quiet submersible pump, dual intakes and adjustable return nozzle. Each aquarium is also 2″ taller than the original BioCube aquariums, creating a larger viewing area with the new 16 and 32 sizes. Compatible with all existing BioCube accessories. Refer to the manual for troubleshooting steps.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Date First Available : June 4, 2018
- Manufacturer : BIOCUBE
- ASIN : B07DHQS1ML
Coralife LED BioCube Aquarium Fish Tank Kit, 32 Gallon Starter Kit Bundle
The Tank Package
- Kit for Coralife 32 Gallon LED BioCube Aquarium Kit
- Aqueon ProScraper 3.0 Adjustable Aquarium Algae Scraper
- Coralife BioCube Marine Fish Tank Aquarium, Salt, 30 Gallon
- Aqueon Aquarium Fish Tank Preset Heater For Up To 40 Gallons, 100 Watt
- Aqueon Aquarium Fish Tank Water Conditioner Bottle, 16 oz
Coralife 32 Gallon LED BioCube Fish Aquarium Kit
- The aquarium comes with a built-in filtration system that can be customized and is easy to set up and maintain.
- GREAT FEATURES: Includes a quiet submersible Pump, dual intakes, and an adjustable return nozzle. Compatible with existing BioCube Accessories. Separately sold are fish, corals and substrate.
- Sleek & Modern – Biocubes features a round edge design, and is an innovative aquarium that can be used for any purpose!
- The low-profile hood is equipped with vibrant LED lights that are capable of growing and maintaining healthy corals.
- MAXIMIZE BETTER – A 24-hour timer that makes it simple to adjust the brightness of three separate light channels: sparkling blue, bright white and LEDs with color enhancement.
- The SUNRISE/SUNSET mode is an automatic function that simulates a day/night cycle in your aquarium. It includes a 30-minute sun-rise/sun-set timer and combines it with 59-minutes of moonrise/moonset.
- Coralife, a brand you can trust for marine aquarium supplies and parts. Our products include aquarium lighting, salt mixes, and filtration systems. Coralife is there to help when aquarium systems need more than the basic.
1 of Coralife BioCube marine fish tank aquarium salt, 30 gallon
- It neutralizes chloramine and chlorine, as well as reducing the phosphate content to limit algal growth
- The formula can be used for RO or tap water
- The fine grind is for rapid dissolution
- Easy mixing with the included scoop which precisely measures 1 gallon salt mix
1 of Aqueon ProScraper 3.0(tm) Adjustable Aquarium Algae Scraper
- The adjustable scraper can be extended to a maximum of 25″.
- Twist & Click blade design allows for easy replacement or change of blades
- Stainless Steel Replacement Blades are great to use for removing hard-to-remove buildup in glass aquariums. They also resist rust. The Plastic Replacement Blade is less likely to scratch walls, and works well with acrylic or fragile glass.
- Place frozen foods or seaweed in the head of Frozen Food & Seaweed feeder, and then snap on the cover to feed.
- The rubberized grip is designed to fit your palm and prevent slipping.
- The strong fiberglass handle is the perfect tool for cleaning jobs. It resists rust and corrosion, and can be used for years.
- Easy storage with Hang Holes
1 of Aqueon Aquarium Fish Tank Water Conditioner Bottle, 16 ounces
- When adding water to aquariums, filling them with tap water or performing water changes.
- Makes tap water fish-safe instantly
- Supplement to fish stressed by transport, netting or stress
- The fish waste is detoxified of heavy metals and ammonia.
- Included is a convenient dosage cap
Aqueon Aquarium Preset Heater for up to 40 Gallon Tanks, 100 Watts
- Set to 78 degrees, accuracy to 1 degree.
- No adjustments required
- Shatter Resistant
- Auto shut off when it overheats. Resets itself when it cools.
- When aquarium water is heated, LED lights will turn on.
- Perfect for aquariums of up to 30 Gallons
Coralife Size 32 LED BioCube Aquarium Complete Saltwater Fish ONLY Bundle
The Tank Package
- Coralife’s Size 32 LED BioCube aquarium COMPLETE FISH-ONLY PACKAGE includes everything that you need to start your BioCube saltwater fish-only aquarium.
- The Size 32 LED BioCube Aquarium includes: BioCube New & Improved Size 32 stand, Coralife BioCube 5W Submersible Mini Clarifier and Two Little Fishies Three-Fiftyths SIZE AccuraSea1 artificial saltwater mix (approx. The Aquarium includes 30 gallons, Inland Seas Activated Carbon 6 oz and BioCube Algae Cleaner Magnet.
- Included are also the Coralife Deep Six hydrometer, Coralife Digital Aquarium Thermometer and Seachem Prime 100ml with 50ml Measuring Cup. Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7 is 250ml. Aquarium Pharmaceuticals’ Saltwater Master test kit, JBJ 5″ Fine Fish net, and JBJ Plastic Handle.
Coralife’s Size 32 LED BioCube aquarium COMPLETE FISH ONLY PACKAGE includes everything that you need to start your BioCube saltwater fish-only aquarium. The Size 32 LED BioCube Aquarium includes: BioCube New & Improved Size 32 stand, Coralife BioCube 5W Mini Clarifier and Two Little Fishies Three-Fiftyths SIZE AccuraSea1 artificial saltwater mix (approx. Inland Seas’ 6 oz of Activated Carbon, BioCube Algae Cleaner Magnet and Coralife Deep Six Hydrometer are also included. Included are also the Coralife Deep Six Thermometer and Coralife Digital Aquarium Thermometer. Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7 is 250ml.
- The manufacturer has not discontinued the product.
- Date First Available : June 23, 2018
- Manufacturer : Coralife
- ASIN: B07DYYNNVL
What Fish Can I Keep in a 30-Gallon Tank?
When deciding on the right size tank for your living room, a 30-gallon tank makes a great option (it is neither too large nor too small). This size allows you to choose the setup and fish that best suits your needs.
You may want to consider:
- Catfish (Corys and Otos).
You can also include shrimps, crabs and even slugs. Invertebrates are a great alternative to fish if you’re tired of them. These are fun pets that can be a great addition to any tank.
Keep fish with beautiful plants, and decorate the aquarium.
How to set up a fish tank
It is not difficult to set up a tank of 30 gallons. The main difference is in how you design and decorate the interior.
Check your list before you do anything. Make sure all your equipment will fit in a 30 gallon tank, and also that it meets the needs of your fish. After that, choose a suitable place to put the tank.
You need to lay down the substrate first. It is important to rinse it before laying the substrate.
Place the plants first, then cover their base with sand or gravel.
Once the substrate, plants, and decorations are all in place, add the rocks and driftwood.
Be sure to keep a good balance between the number of decorations and the free space.
You can then start to fill the tank up with water. It may be necessary to add water chemicals, such as salt or purifiers. Depending on the type you’re creating.
The tank will cycle in approximately 4 to 6 weeks. You will see the ammonia levels and nitrites peaking, then dropping to zero. Once they reach zero, it is safe to introduce fish.
Do not put the fish straight in the tank after taking them out of the water. This can stress them.
Instead, float them in the bag that they came in for 10 to 15 minutes. Add a cup of fresh water every five minutes, until the bag is filled.
Use a net to transfer the fish from the bag into the tank.
30 Gallon Tank Maintenance
A 30-gallon tank is relatively small and does not require much maintenance. Weekly cleaning is required, as well as water replacement and checking that the equipment works. It is pretty standard, and you shouldn’t have any problems with it regardless of whether or not you are a seasoned professional.
To keep your aquarium in good condition, you need to follow a regular cleaning schedule.
Regularly cleaning your tank will not only help prevent clogging or water pollution but also prolong the life of your equipment.
A double-sided magnet sponge is perfect for this. This is a compact and convenient way to maintain your aquarium.
Also, make sure you regularly renew the water of the aquarium. This will improve its quality and prevent it from being contaminated. Change 20% of the aquarium water every two weeks or so.
The maintenance of your equipment is also a huge part of caring for your tank. You should clean your filter every week to avoid clogging. Replace the media as needed.
The price range for the 30-gallon tank is reasonable, with models starting as low as $150-$200. More expensive models can cost up to $1500.
It should be easy to find a tank in this size, either online or at a store.
Compare the prices and choose which tank best meets your needs. Check the quality of the tank’s assembly and make sure that it is well sealed on all sides.
Look for scratches and other physical signs of damage to the walls or bottom.
Online shopping is convenient, but the ability to see the tank in person has a lot of advantages.
If you are very fond of pets, you can combine business with pleasure and get a job as a pet sitter or working at pet stores, we get asked all the time about people wanting to work with them so we had a look online and we found a few great jobs on Jooble if interested.
You can read more about it here:
The 30-gallon tank provides you with more room to experiment.
Have you thought about aquascaping before? Beginners can take advantage of this opportunity to learn new things and expand their knowledge.
The aquarium is not too big, but it allows you to experiment and try out different setups. A 30-gallon aquarium is a great investment, especially when combined with beautiful fish.
This could be the tank you’ve been looking for.
What is your favourite 30-gallon set-up? Maybe thinking something smaller? Read our guide on the Best 20 Gallon Aquarium Tank Setup.